Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter XarlesEHeat       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

XarlesEHeat

Contributor
Verified
This is my first post on PSXHax and i need to ask something:

I got a PS4 Pro this year on a garage sale for dirt cheap. Previous owner told me the console was being selled as "for parts only" so i took the shot. As being my main hobby to fetch and repair consoles, didn't struggled with the deal any time at all, lucky of me, when i plugged the console, it was in perfect condition, it was on 8.55 ver. so i upgraded it to 9.00 for the Hen, but since then, i'm experiencing a few weird situations that makes me think this might be a lemon.

First of all, console works great, new paste, new thermal pads, clean as new, but it has some behaviour:
  • If i leave the system idle, sometimes stays ON forever, sometimes it turns off by itself (even i choose NEVER on Power saving functions) [This is a random thing, maybe today will you not see it, maybe tomorrow you will see it 50 times]
  • Sometimes, after fully powered off, on the next time i use it, i find the console telling me it had a system crash out of nowhere, with an error that leads to Sony telling me to update the system.
  • I can't ever open the game The Playroom built in into the system, because the console freezes up and revs up the fan to 100%, after 5 minutes, i have a system crash and the console shuts off.
  • Today, i had the last drop of the glass, when it deleted my entire saved game for UnMetal, an indie i was playing daily since last friday.
So, with all this info: Is there any way to make a full scan of the console to tell me what is wrong with it? Is about the Hard Drive? (1Tb), is it about the hardware itself? While i'm playing with it, or if i'm on main menu or in a homebrew, never had any problem with it (Well, except when i tried to watch a Youtube video on web browser and it told me the system ran out of memory (???))

Thank you so much for this community and for the future help i can receive.

switch to ssd for hen, it will improve the gameplay and also if you're buying used ps4 it will be better to clean dust from the inside of ps4 and change the thermal paste with gelid gc extreme or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back