Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter hejran7       Start date Nov 16, 2018 at 10:15 PM       57      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 Save Mounter Homebrew Utility v1.1 update, this is a tutorial I have posted in the PS4 Source Discord channel community so I'll add it here plus some editing so it may help others... and please checkout @Sc0rpion's Video Guide (added below) in the PS4 Game Saves Repository thread too.

:arrow: Update: Work-around if no save can be found in the dirs box can be found HERE.

Some notes:

a- This will not work with PS4 Save Wizard saves that you download from the net because they are encrypted unless you have access to those saves to load on your PS4 to decrypt, encrypt, edit or swap region.
b- You need a jailbroken PS4 for this to work.
c- Swap region works on every game I have tried not sure about all games yet need more testing.
d- You don't need any other tool to decrypt or encrypt the save the tool will do it for you.
e- Very important please always make a backup of your save.
f- I used Al-Azif Offline PS4 Exploit Host v0.4.6 Alpha1.
g- Use ChendoChap PlayStation 4 Save Mounter v1.1.
h- Make sure that you have a working save, in my case I have good save Bloodborne CUSA00900 v01.09 and its on my PS4 slim that I want to decrypt, on the other hand I have a dummy save for Bloodborne CUSA00207 v01.00 on my PS4, you don't need 2nd PS4.
i- Make a note of your PS4 IP address.

Tutorial:
  1. Move ps4debug.bin from ChendoChap PlayStation 4 Save Mounter v1.1 that come inside the zip file to ps4-exploit-host-win-v0.4.6a1\payloads.
  2. Load HEN if you have fpkg.
  3. Load Original from Al-Azif offline PS4 Exploit Host v0.4.6 Alpha1.
  4. Use Al-Azif.exe to inject ps4debug.bin, in my case I have only ps4debug.bin so press 2 and hit enter.
  5. Start your game.
  6. Press PS button on PS4 controller to go back to the XMB.
  7. Load FTP and don't close that windows on your PS4.
  8. Start PlayStation 4 save mounter.exe.
  9. Enter your PS4 IP and press click connect.
  10. Click on refresh processes.
  11. Select your game in the combobox in my case its an eboot.bin.
  12. Click on setup.
  13. Click on find dirs.
  14. Select the save you want to mount in the combobox, in my case its SPRJ0005.
  15. Select mount permission to READ/WRITE.
  16. Click on mount.
  17. You can use filezilla but I don't, instead and if you want open any folder and on the address bar enter your IP address like so ftp://192.168.0.165:1337 and hit enter, replace my IP address with your IP address and leave port # to 1337.
  18. You can navigate to either directory to copy your decrypted save game, in my case its:
    1st one = /mnt/pfs/savedata_xxxxxxxx_CUSA00900_SPRJ0005.
    2nd one = /mnt/sandbox/CUSA00900_000/savedata0.
  19. Copy the folder savedata_xxxxxxxx_CUSA00900_000_SPRJ0005, or savedata0 and save it on desktop those files are the decrypted ones.
  20. After copying or replacing click unmount.
  21. Close your game.
  22. Now we move to the dummy save file, repeat step 2 to 18.
  23. Delete all contents inside /mnt/pfs/savedata_xxxxxxxx_CUSA00207_SPRJ0005, except (sce_sys) or /mnt/sandbox/CUSA03173_000/savedata0.
  24. Copy the all contents from inside the folder we save earlier except (sce_sys) and paste them inside one of the file /mnt/pfs/savedata_xxxxxxxx_CUSA00900_SPRJ0005 or /mnt/sandbox/CUSA00900_000/savedata0.
  25. After replacing files click unmount and restart your game.
I know this tutorial is long but it's easier than it looks.

PlayStation 4 Save Mounter Demonstration by Sc0rpion
:arrow: Update: Work-around if no save can be found in the dirs box can be found HERE.
PS4 Save Mounter GameSave Tutorial by Hejran7.jpg

Comments

Do we have a way yet to copy users yet? Like ps3 I could copy user to another console via ftp. Want my psn account on my no activated pro. (Pipe dream?)

@lapine if u can load it yes u can

@barelynotlegal i mean we use a backup data for that user who has already a psn ID on firmware 5.05 or lower, and when u restore ur ps4 with that backup data u dont need ur ps4 to be activated to copy saves to usb or vice versa.

I hate how PS4 locks saves when PC doesn't. The hard drive on my PS4 stopped working and I lost everything. I wish we could download saves off gamefaq like in the past.

@lapine legit non-jailbroken saves are not usable, they need to be decrypted on jailbroken PS4. I had the same issue.

try some saves from the save repo thread, you'll see it will work ;)

my save date found in /user/home/{userid}/savedata/{titleid} can you write down the tutorial, I can't read the tutorial on github, thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back