Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 25, 2017 at 10:46 PM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all familiar with the PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim consoles, but according to a report from Taiwanese newspaper DigiTimes an even thinner version of the PlayStation 4 is rumored to be in the works leaving many wondering if a PS4 Super Slim will join its PS3 counterpart in Sony's video game console lineup! :eek:

To quote: "In addition, Microsoft is also planning to release a new Xbox game console codenamed Project Scorpio and the product is expected to be announced at the E3 2017 event, targeting the year-end holiday season. Sony is expected to release a thinner version of its PlayStation 4."

Details on a PlayStation 4 Super Slim model are currently sparse, with no projected release date available.

According to PSU.com, to quote: "It's unclear whether or not this is a slim version of the PS4 Pro, or simply another iteration on the existing PS4 Slim SKU.

Either way, if the rumor holds any weight, we're likely to see it at E3 – possibly as a response to what Microsoft brings to the table with regards to new console hardware."

Here's to hoping more is revealed at E3 2017 this year, which runs from June 13-15th at the Los Angeles Convention Center. (y)
PS4 Super Slim Rumored to be in Development by Sony.jpg

Comments

i think it will eventually happen, but not soon, slim was barely released.

also people talking about ps5, why are you so eager to waste money on another console? sony doesnt have to fight scorpio, ps4 is much more popular than xone, and will probably continue to be after scorpio is released.

and have anyone here heard developers say they cant do anything else with ps4? much less the pro wich is some mere months old and doesnt have any game that takes full advantage of it.

if you really want a scorpio, go and buy it, not anyone is ready to spend money on another console just because.
I have the 1215 model of ps4 and dont intend on getting another ps4 (except for maybe a 1.76) and I love ps4 and dont wanna change sides but if microsoft come out with a xbox better than the best ps4 i will give it props. Plus xbox has so many features that ps4 should have since we pay for psplus. Just saying

What most of you forget is that in order to be competitive, Sony has to earn money to invest in R&D. This doesn't come for free. When doing cost down's such as the Slim and the Superslim the production process get's cheaper. When it get's cheaper Sony can do discounts on their consoles which will sell even more units and expand their edge on Microsoft. This since they are not winning it on processing power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back