Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2018 at 4:44 AM       77      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month we saw PS4 OFW 5.03, and today following recent news of their upcoming PS4 5.50 Beta firmware @MrNiato of PSX Times let everyone know on Twitter that Sony has rolled out a mandatory PlayStation 4 System Software 5.05 which... (as if you haven't guessed already)... improves system performance! :ROFLMAO:

We'll update this article when confirmation comes on whether it patches the private 5.03 Kernel Exploit or if someone just wanted a free t-shirt. o_O Until then, needless to say DON'T UPDATE or you'll lose the ability to exploit, jailbreak and brag on Twitter about running free PlayStation 4 games, emulators and homebrew to boost e-peen. :whistle:

Download: PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (JP)

To quote from Sony's Official Page on the 5.05 OFW changes:

About PlayStation 4 system software version 5.05

Main features in version 5.05 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
PS4 System Software  Firmware 5.05 Update Live, Most Stable Yet!.jpg

Comments

What the hell? My console has automatic updates disabled but when I powered it on it started downloading this crap automatically. I cancelled it in the middle and im still on 5.01! How is this possible?

If it does download it, it will nag you to install it. The only way to delete the downloaded file and stop the nagging is to factory reset.

This will not work, of course, if you actually install the update. Then you are stuck on the new firmware.

I do not know why they ask people to hold on to 5.03 if they do not release? release the private and end with secret, no use sooner or later will be blocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back