Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 11, 2020 at 12:10 AM       156      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PS4 6.20 Userland Exploit PoC and the recent OpenOrbis DevKit PS4 Library Ports PlayStation 4 scene developer @SpecterDev announced today via Twitter that the homebrew PS4 Toolchain currently supports audio / video output, freetype and full libc without using any $ony materials complete with a demonstration video below! :fire:

Also below, since sharing his PS4 Kernel Bug Findings scene developer theflow0 (who has a PayPal and Patreon page set up) is currently seeking a 6.20FW PS4 if someone is willing to donate one towards his continued PlayStation 4 research and development. :lovewins:

:alert: He notes the following, to quote: "Also don't update past FW 6.20 if you want a kxploit."

Next up, proceeding his Lapy Games Collection PS4 PKG homebrew game developer @Lapy shared a work-in-progress image on Twitter of his latest River Raid PKG project. (y)

Finally, BGR.com reports that despite the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak PlayStation 5 won't be delayed according to AMD Executive Vice President of Computing and Graphics Rick Bergman at AMD's Financial Analyst Day presentation.

As seen in the slide below, the next-generation PS5 (and XBox Series X) are still on track for a Holiday 2020 launch at this time. šŸ˜ƒ
PS4 Toolchain Homebrew Payload Loader by SpecterDev Demo & More! 2.jpg

Spoiler: Related Tweets

PS4 Toolchain Homebrew Payload Loader by SpecterDev Demo & More!.jpg

Comments

Don't let it get you down young Padawan. This is how the game works... exploits pop up when you least expect it if at all.

Thinking about 3D printing face masks. Would there be any interest? I'm not sure yet.

serious now ..there wont be another exploit on ps4.. until ps4 will die, sony wont allow it!!! at the end ps4 life cycle an exploit will be released, to clear the remaining ps4 stock.. really my ps4 is collecting dust for 2 years ...there are not exclusive games for ps4 , good games ..only a few ...god of war, bloodborne.

in the past exploits were done by hardware so all major teams were working hard to hack the crap out of it , for fun for money ...now you can do it by soft, no money, so the exploits are released only "if I want to" ...main reason to use an exploit is ...free games... and then homebrew.

for me is better to have games on pc, and before you start!!! I bought them all !!!! if you like and enjoy a game, buy it!!!... my main reason to hack my ps4 ..is to smile again at sony, when they say ...."we have an unhackable console" ...just like ps3 era :)

A bit disappointed from the devs to be honest. It's not like we're asking for an exploit of the current firmware so we can all go crazy trying to go online.

Surely a 6.20 exploit is not too much to ask for! Especially during these times of uncertainty so we can get our minds away from this crap COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back