Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM       161      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor and PS3 LV1.ELF Embedded Files Extractor, PlayStation 4 developer Red-EyeX32 (Twitter) released a PS4 Update Bypasser application called PSProxy to bypass PSN Firmware Updates for PlayStation 4 owners... with a PS3 version coming next! :D

Download: PSProxy.rar (US) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (US) (Mirror) / PSProxy.rar (EU) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (EU) UPDATE (38 KB) by @CnCore / ps4-updatelist.xml / PS4.rar (EU/UK/US Bypass)

To quote: Hello NextGenUpdate, As I promised, I have made a Playstation 4 update bypasser. This little utility will allow you to bypass the 3.55 update making your system stay on a lower firmware.

PSProxy.pngCurrently this has only been tested on a US console on a 3.50 firmware. To make this work for EU users all you have to do is edit the ps4-updatelist.xml included inside the .rar file from "us" to "eu". Also don't mind the PSP/PS3 Mode as those haven't been tested yet.

Instructions:
  • Press start on the utility.
  • Add IP and Port to the PS4.
  • Sign-In to PSN
  • Profit?
Please let me know any bugs you encounter, I would gladly fix the problem for you. :mad:

Changes in v2.0.0.0 update:
  • Added "Copy" to Log List by right clicking the list.
  • You can now export the log by right clicking.
  • Few bug fixes. (Adding PS3 support next update)
Any donations would be appreciated!

Credits:
  • Dacoco (Testing and video)
Similar to SKFU's Pr0xy³ below is a video demonstrating the PS4 Update Bypasser application courtesy of Dacoco, and a special shout-out to @GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the news tip! :)

PS4 Update Bypasser.jpg

Comments

Graveyard if you dont know what you do leave it.

1)The utility is a simple proxy nothing more...
2)You dont net any exploid for this...
3)You need top keep the utility running on your pc while your are playing (it´s a proxy)
4) Like i said if you dont know what you do, or you have to mutch fear to brick your console leave it.

Only the point no. 2 and 3 of your reply are relevant to the questions asked by me. I don't think you understand the ground reality. In case anything goes wrong with the console especially in South Asia, it is very difficult to get it fixed as the required hardware is not available in the market (though software can be downloaded from various known / respectable sites). I would not mind taking the risk if I have the relevant hardware to recover my console if anything goes wrong but over here people charge a fortune and yet the console is not repaired.

Being a senior member, it is expected that you will encourage new comers and help them with their queries however in all your replies you have asked me to "leave it".

Now that ppl know of this expect it to get blocked boys

Chaos do you really think that Sony doesnt know allready about this.

Nope cuz it was kept quiet for the very reason of what it was being used for bup sometimes caution is always recommended with this stuff. But when it does don't matter to me I'm not using it
But then again cobra pkg in the update blocker I'm just not stupid enough to be the guini pig while a system is being monitored of what you do

As you can see from the above quotes, not all the information / caution / consequences were listed for the members (even you have left a valid comment). I hope you understand that people joined this forum to be guided and look up to all the staff members, devs and senior members for help. That is one of the reasons I asked for a step-by-step guide as it would be possible to list all the scenarios / consequences for the new members. Discouraging the members would not be helpful as they will try to look for some other forum(s) which can help.

P.S.: My only interest is to try and test the apps / utilities which is only possible when I am clear as to what I am doing.

Only the point no. 2 and 3 of your reply are relevant to the questions asked by me. I don't think you understand the ground reality. In case anything goes wrong with the console especially in South Asia, it is very difficult to get it fixed as the required hardware is not available in the market (though software can be downloaded from various known / respectable sites). I would not mind taking the risk if I have the relevant hardware to recover my console if anything goes wrong but over here people charge a fortune and yet the console is not repaired.

Being a senior member, it is expected that you will encourage new comers and help them with their queries however in all your replies you have asked me to "leave it".

As you can see from the above quotes, not all the information / caution / consequences were listed for the members (even you have left a valid comment). I hope you understand that people joined this forum to be guided and look up to all the staff members, devs and senior members for help. That is one of the reasons I asked for a step-by-step guide as it would be possible to list all the scenarios / consequences for the new members. Discouraging the members would not be helpful as they will try to look for some other forum(s) which can help.

P.S.: My only interest is to try and test the apps / utilities which is only possible when I am clear as to what I am doing.
I know how it works n tested it till I seen the data in and out. Think of yourself as a tester for ppl like cobra but who is cobra? One of the other members seen after I made statements.
These are heavily monitored n if you check I ran 3 of these together to get the output data be4 using my own. Check for cobra pkg.

A good example is kak ps3 for games pkg. How many understand how things are inbedded in this to send data out. It's not that I'm not helping most in this room don't listen to what I will say anyway n yet I have proven various times my knowledge but I also only do things that are not destructive or harmful to companies who also need to get paid.

Totally respect your findings Chaos Kid and that's exactly what helps the members. The point no. 2 & 3 are from CnCore posts which are helpful while point four is discouraging for new members. I was merely pointing to that. No offenses meant towards any of the fellow members.

I have been Admin / Co-Admin on various forums and understand the issues faced by newbies hence left a comment in the best way I could understand so that the members have the least confusion while following the instructions.

Totally respect your findings Chaos Kid and that's exactly what helps the members. The point no. 2 & 3 are from CnCore posts which are helpful while point four is discouraging for new members. I was merely pointing to that. No offenses meant towards any of the fellow members.

I have been Admin / Co-Admin on various forums and understand the issues faced by newbies hence left a comment in the best way I could understand so that the members have the least confusion while following the instructions.
It's simple start proxy on pc with your region. US UK or whatever your region scroll to fw is auto detected. Now setup proxy on system using IP after done reboot n connected.

I was trying to avoid this due to malicious ppl as I'm not on the backups side of things so if ppl wanna do that it's up2 them but I don't like feeling responsible for others actions.

I do apologize if I come off rude or erogant but I'm not I'm just blunt n honest about this stuff. I and my members are all this way while we work close together n all of us are details oriented in everything we do.
This community needs a leader but it also needs to learn to work on a more dramatic approach that won't lead to backups and peaceful rather then falling in the same routine as the Ps3 days where ppl were stuck on fw 3.55 n the few who knew n had bin past it sold it for profit.

It's simple start proxy on pc with your region. US UK or whatever your region scroll to fw is auto detected. Now setup proxy on system using IP after done reboot n connected.

I was trying to avoid this due to malicious ppl as I'm not on the backups side of things so if ppl wanna do that it's up2 them but I don't like feeling responsible for others actions

Respect your approach buddy. I don't promote backups either. It's the information provided by you which is the most useful for all the members. You have a new member following you from today (provided you allow me to) ;).

PS: I believe I can get games cheaper as compared to other regions hence no use of getting into backups for me at least.

Respect your approach buddy. I don't promote backups either. It's the information provided by you which is the most useful for all the members. You have a new member following you from today (provided you allow me to) ;).

PS: I believe I can get games cheaper as compared to other regions hence no use of getting into backups for me at least.
I have done many things and do them out of curiosity due to constant learning curve n once started even gaming is a major turn off. I don't mind ppl following me I never have there are a few who do n I try n respect every1 as much as possible but I also understand not every1 will always get along.
I do hope the details are helpful for every1 to understand n thanks for taking the time to post.

3.15 (Ukraine) doen't work with EU or Ru. I packed ps4 back to box Will update in august/september. These hackers can't crack ps4 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back