Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 12, 2018 at 1:44 AM       277      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4Updates.py python script, PlayStation 4 developer Zer0xFF returns with PS4_db_rebuilder which will restore your FPKGs (Fake Packages) after rebuilding the PS4 database. (y)

Download: PS4_db_rebuilder (Latest Release) / GIT / release_0.1.EXTERNAL.zip (v0.1 rebuilder for external only) via thxalot60 / Restore_DB_PS4_2020.rar (30 KB - For 6.72) / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72-0.2.zip (Python Script with added support for 6.72 FW) / GIT Fork by lKinderBueno / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55.zip (23.6 KB - compatible with PS4 6.72, 7.02 and 7.55) / GIT Fork by hippie68 / Tutorial by VitoPS4 / PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1.zip via @aizenar78
Here's further details from the README.md file, to quote: PS4_db_rebuilder

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

Requirement
How-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP (command for external via sp0k: py fix_db.py PS4_IP)
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
:arrow: Update: From the README.md forked by lKinderBueno: PS4_db_rebuilder - Updated to 6.72

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

requirement
  • Python (preferably 3.0+)
how-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
Changelog
  • Fixed error "table tbl_appbrowse_XXXXXXX has 53 columns but 47 values were supplied"
  • Support to FW 6.72
PS4_DB_Rebuilder to Restore FPKGs After PS4 Database Rebuilding.jpg

Comments

No, you should just delete the games using your PS4. If you do that they should also be deleted from the app.db.

Hey @Leeful! So just an update If you delete the games from the library (the ones that were on the external HD) it removes them from the library but if you plug the drive into the computer they are all there and still taking up space?

Is it okay to reformat that EXfat drive, or would doing that cause issues with the PS4's add.db recognizing that the games are not there (even though they were deleted from the library)?

I remember when i had to rebuild like a year ago or whenever it was(and it eventually FIXED External games!!) ...that when i ran the script PS4_db_rebuilder it would give me errors because I had manually removed games off the external HD.

i had to try and figure what all games had been deleted and reinstall them to internal and then run the script again (Then AppToUsb them back to external).

So going back to present day... I'm wondering how to clear off this external drive properly and then start re-populating them etc??

@stripnwild If all the games that are installed on your PS4 internal work when your USB drive is unplugged then you are good to go.

If you have any games in your library that do not work when your USB is unplugged, then delete these games from your library.

When you are sure that ALL the games that are in your PS4 library work without the USB then you can reformat your USB drive and start again.

I hope you understand what I mean, I'm starting to confuse my self now. LOL :)

@Leeful I know what you mean... start over with using AppToUsb and re-populate ;)

of course there is the official EXT HD hack, I wonder which External HD method really is better??? AppToUsb or Offical Ext HD (hacked)?? either way I'll look into it tonight

@stripnwild Here are the pro's and con's as I see it.

If you use AppToUsb you always have easy access to the fake pkg files you install and you can also use the USB drive for othe PS4 and PC related things.

If you use the official 'Extended Storage' method you can play the games on the USB drive on any other 5.05 Console.

So if your PS4 died you can just plug the USB into your new PS4 and all your games will be there ready to play.

NOTE: if you use the USB drive on another PS4 you MUST run Hen BEFORE you plug in the drive.

@Peppins This is a known problem with the script. To uninstall the game you will need to manually edit the app.db on the PS4 and change 'canRemove' from 0 to 1.

That will fix it and you will then be able to uninstall the games. :)

help error
Code:
PS C:\Users\Andrius\Desktop\ps44> Py fix_db.py 192.168.0.119
  File "fix_db.py", line 80
    print("     Processing GameID: %s... " % GameID, end='')
                                                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back