Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 12, 2018 at 1:44 AM       277      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4Updates.py python script, PlayStation 4 developer Zer0xFF returns with PS4_db_rebuilder which will restore your FPKGs (Fake Packages) after rebuilding the PS4 database. (y)

Download: PS4_db_rebuilder (Latest Release) / GIT / release_0.1.EXTERNAL.zip (v0.1 rebuilder for external only) via thxalot60 / Restore_DB_PS4_2020.rar (30 KB - For 6.72) / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72-0.2.zip (Python Script with added support for 6.72 FW) / GIT Fork by lKinderBueno / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55.zip (23.6 KB - compatible with PS4 6.72, 7.02 and 7.55) / GIT Fork by hippie68 / Tutorial by VitoPS4 / PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1.zip via @aizenar78
Here's further details from the README.md file, to quote: PS4_db_rebuilder

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

Requirement
How-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP (command for external via sp0k: py fix_db.py PS4_IP)
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
:arrow: Update: From the README.md forked by lKinderBueno: PS4_db_rebuilder - Updated to 6.72

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

requirement
  • Python (preferably 3.0+)
how-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
Changelog
  • Fixed error "table tbl_appbrowse_XXXXXXX has 53 columns but 47 values were supplied"
  • Support to FW 6.72
PS4_DB_Rebuilder to Restore FPKGs After PS4 Database Rebuilding.jpg

Comments

@stripnwild It sounds like you may have more than a database issue on your hands then. I would try doing a recovery menu rebuild/recover. Then use the rebuilder to get stuff to come back.

i think my app.db in my Database_Backup is perhaps corrupt... I tried running the script like 3 more times... stuff on the internal seems to work now... but all external HD (8tb) doesn't get recognized?

I tried using the release_0.1 EXTERNAL - and I get ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sfo.sfo'

Edit - newer stuff that was installed on the internal (all these ps2 remakes I've been trouble shooting, except for ones that were installed months ago) don't show up either but there game save data etc is there.

Like if i go to reinstall a new ps2 pkg i had made... it says this pkg exists do you want to continue installing.

well first you have to check what all these error mean but you should still be able to recover all

the best would be to FTP all pkgs from internal to PC, format PS4 and install them back via FTP...

dont worry about external - i replaced internal and external poped up without rebuilding anything

@sp0k ...there really arent many pkgs on the internal HD... i wouldn't mind wiping the external hd because of the 478 games I really only play maybe 50 of those? But I dont want to re-initallise the ps4... and figure out how to setup everything back up.

The ps4 plays any internal game or app. It is just the external 8tb HD that it won't play those games.. ce-32930-7 so all the external games are coming across as corrupt installs now. Most of these games in the library I can not delete (delete function is missing) and I don't want to format the ext hd because the ps4 still has association to these broken pkgs?

Meaning I think the app.db file still has all this info in it even if I formatted the text hd? I should mention I did do a ps4 rebuild database yesterday.

Basically is there a way to fix/clean the app db file so I can delete all the external hd games ...then format the external and add back a few games???

I dont even know if that makes sense? I believe my whole problem stemmed from using a database backup that was created with these issues... and my previous one I cant find :eek:

when i try to run the "release_0.1 EXTERNAL" from administrator CMD window i get the following:

Spoiler: cmd error

I can't seem to get the external games to be recognized?

i tried typing: fix_db.py 192.168.0.187 - ftplib.error_perm: 550 Invalid directory
and py fix_db.py 192.168.0.187 - ftplib.error_perm: 550 Invalid directory and python3 fix_db.py 192.168.0.187 - doesn't do anything

@Leeful - to manually edit the app.db and change 'canRemove' from 0 to 1

How/what do you use to edit the app.db file? Maybe there is a way to manually fix all of the external links? (course that would take months lol)

((When you plug the 8tb into the computer you can see all the games? and Stooged's apptousb.ini file))

Corrupt database, the mother to all my new found sorrows ever since my country started having massive Power Load Shedding.

Glad someone was irritated enough to do something about it. Replacing 2Tb of games every 3-4 days is not a joke. Thanks šŸ˜šŸ‘

@stripnwild Use DB Browser (SQLite) to edit the database.

Are your external games AppToUsb games? If so I think that might be the reason that the release_0.1 EXTERNAL is not working. I think that is just used to fix real 'extended storage' games, not apptousb games.

I might be completely wrong about that, so that might not be the issue!

Have you tried running apptousb again? If you do, make a backup of your FULL apptousb.ini and instead use an edited version with just ONE of the problem games in the list to test it to be safe and to save a lot of time.

@Leeful Yes all external games where moved to external 8tb HD with Stooged's AppToUsb! (A year ago when i had to rebuild, I had used the PS4_db_rebuilder and it fixed the missing external games etc?) oh well.

Last night I got so frustrated I just re-initialized the ps4 and of course while trying to connect to the internet at first to get the exploit... the ps4 downloads the latest fw 7.02 (rolls eyes) and is waiting to install. So of course I try to connect to my PC ftp so i can delete it and... be damned if i can get my ps4 to connect to filezilla!!

I mean poor @jwooh (ps.s Thanks Jwooh greatly appreciated bro) spent time last night trying to help me get the damn ps4 to work with ftp to no avail. Hoping tonight I can try to get it working and get rid of that damn update pup in there!!!

@Leeful is this the correct area to go to to try to change the option so you can delete the game?

Spoiler: screen capture
  • Question 1/ what is that 'Destiny' I never installed destiny?? noooo idea what that is all about????
  • Question 2/ is this the right sub directory etc etc to navigate to, to allow delete
  • Question 3/ how do i edit the 0 to 1's (can't highlight and type 1?)
  • and last question
  • Question 4/ can you some how mass select all the games that have 0's and change to 1 (how ever you do it) or is it every single game has to manually be changed?
Thanks! Old data base is up and running with save games but I need to delete the 8tb ext HD as nothing works from there

@stripnwild yes, that is the correct area to change canRemove from 0 to 1.
Are you sure you are using DB Browser for SQLite ? mine looks like this:

db.jpg

A1: Everyone has destiny in their app.db. Must be a default sony thing from the factory.
A2: Yes.
A3: I have no Idea. I can edit it easily with the DB Browser program I use.
A4: Highlight one of the canRemove cells that says 1, right click, copy.
Then Hold Ctrl and click on all the 0 cells you want to change to 1 in the canRemove colum until they are all highlighted then rightclick and choose paste. All the selected 0's should now say 1.
Save your DB.

think so... the program is SysTools SQLite Viewer v3.0 Freeware???

Edit: Using yours and it is good to go!

@Leeful Sorry one other question. If you can now delete the ext HD games through the library on the ps4, if you reformat that EXFat drive.

And then plug it back into the ps4 to move games to external etc... is the PS4 App.db going to have a problem with it thinking there should be files on the ext when plugged in? (would you/should you delete the games from the app.db in that DB Browser)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back