Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 12, 2018 at 1:44 AM       277      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4Updates.py python script, PlayStation 4 developer Zer0xFF returns with PS4_db_rebuilder which will restore your FPKGs (Fake Packages) after rebuilding the PS4 database. (y)

Download: PS4_db_rebuilder (Latest Release) / GIT / release_0.1.EXTERNAL.zip (v0.1 rebuilder for external only) via thxalot60 / Restore_DB_PS4_2020.rar (30 KB - For 6.72) / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72-0.2.zip (Python Script with added support for 6.72 FW) / GIT Fork by lKinderBueno / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55.zip (23.6 KB - compatible with PS4 6.72, 7.02 and 7.55) / GIT Fork by hippie68 / Tutorial by VitoPS4 / PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1.zip via @aizenar78
Here's further details from the README.md file, to quote: PS4_db_rebuilder

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

Requirement
How-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP (command for external via sp0k: py fix_db.py PS4_IP)
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
:arrow: Update: From the README.md forked by lKinderBueno: PS4_db_rebuilder - Updated to 6.72

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

requirement
  • Python (preferably 3.0+)
how-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
Changelog
  • Fixed error "table tbl_appbrowse_XXXXXXX has 53 columns but 47 values were supplied"
  • Support to FW 6.72
PS4_DB_Rebuilder to Restore FPKGs After PS4 Database Rebuilding.jpg

Comments

Been a while since I used this, but it worked great when I did. With the upcoming FW update it seems it will get a little more exercise on our PS4s. :) Many thanks to the developer.

agreed @Sparkss! This process is not the easiest or user friendly though... I imagine a few people will run into issues. I've had to do it twice and both times had different issues etc. shrugs But will be great to have the new exploit!! even if we have to rebuild DB

I wonder if this would work with the new firmware too, as it has been reported that upgrading the firmware will mean the database rebuilding...

@unbreakable Everything i have read/seen - YES you will have to rebuild database. It also at this point might be an idea to do the offline activate account that @Leeful mentioned. ((But I havent looked into this yet... i think you might/would loose all your games saves/trophies going from a "non activated psn" to an "activated one"))

@Leeful might chime in with his advice. I have game saves that i don't want to loose though - especially PS2 remakes with the codebreaker codes manual injected and I don't want to redo those lol

Before I update I will be making backup of my activated profile using the official backup method so that if I choose to initialise on 6.72 I could always restore my activated profile.

Also make a backup of you app.db while still on 5.05 so that if it gets rebuilt on 6.72 you could always restore it when we have FTP for 6.72. which should not be long after.

@Leeful as to game saves currently on 5.05 with no psn activated, what would be the best way to make sure these saves are safe and could be used on a newer firmware? Is it even possible to use the psn off line activator and have these game saves "converted" to work with an "activated fake" psn profile (so that you can easily restore them via usb etc etc)

I'm not too worried about games on the external drive etc. begin wiped (as I have them all backed up anyway) nor the games on internal. BUT games saves I don't want to lose!!??

Should people be "activating profile" and some how converting their saves over? Maybe someone will develop a tool that will be able to do all this tech stuff for us a bit easier?

@stripnwild For individual games saves that you realy care about currently on a non-activated 5.05 I would sugest using SaveMounter to mount the save and then backup the entire decrypted save folder for that game. That way you always have a decrypted version of that save for future use. I'm sure SaveMounter will be ported to work with 6.72 when something is released.

As for activating your profile so that all your saves are converted to your Activated profile. I did that on one of my consoles with loads of games on it and everything worked fine fo me.

BUT... Because the profile activator came with a risk warning about not using it on your existing profile I am always scared about someone following my advice and ending up losing everything. I do not want to feel responsible for that.

Like I have said in the past, I have tested the activator in many different situations and the ONLY time it messed things up (like the warning said) was when I tried to activate a profile that had already been activated.

Another way to backup your saves would be to use the official backup/restore method in system settings and just make a backup of your profile and saves and keep that backup safe somewhere.

I've never bothered to try to activate the psn just because everyone says you can lose stuff :eek: But I think i will try backing up game saves (various ways just in case). And then try actually activating psn on the system ---- little nervous but I'll try to find your guide and baby step through it

@Leeful
Would I need your script at all for the hex number AccountID if i activate the psn on the ps4? (I imagine i singed up with an email years ago when i first got the ps4... but no psn account per say i don't think?)

Also PS-Phwoar! Host Menu v1.4 is what i used to back up game saves and database when crap all went sideways on me lol I will ALSO do what you suggest and ALSO use this PS4 save Mounter and do a version of the game saves with that too!

@stripnwild you can use a random 16 digit hex AccountID to activate the profile but make sure you keep a note of it somwhere so that you can activate your profile again if you ever initialise your PS4 or want to activate the profile on a different PS4 and keep compatability with your saves. :)

If you want to use your official PSN AccountID (even if you have never used it on your PS4 before) thats fine too. In fact it might be better if you did. Just less chance of any complications because it will be an official AccountID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back