Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 12, 2018 at 1:44 AM       277      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4Updates.py python script, PlayStation 4 developer Zer0xFF returns with PS4_db_rebuilder which will restore your FPKGs (Fake Packages) after rebuilding the PS4 database. (y)

Download: PS4_db_rebuilder (Latest Release) / GIT / release_0.1.EXTERNAL.zip (v0.1 rebuilder for external only) via thxalot60 / Restore_DB_PS4_2020.rar (30 KB - For 6.72) / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72-0.2.zip (Python Script with added support for 6.72 FW) / GIT Fork by lKinderBueno / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55.zip (23.6 KB - compatible with PS4 6.72, 7.02 and 7.55) / GIT Fork by hippie68 / Tutorial by VitoPS4 / PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1.zip via @aizenar78
Here's further details from the README.md file, to quote: PS4_db_rebuilder

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

Requirement
How-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP (command for external via sp0k: py fix_db.py PS4_IP)
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
:arrow: Update: From the README.md forked by lKinderBueno: PS4_db_rebuilder - Updated to 6.72

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

requirement
  • Python (preferably 3.0+)
how-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
Changelog
  • Fixed error "table tbl_appbrowse_XXXXXXX has 53 columns but 47 values were supplied"
  • Support to FW 6.72
PS4_DB_Rebuilder to Restore FPKGs After PS4 Database Rebuilding.jpg

Comments

@stripnwild
I see. So you are using the external HD as an App2Usb drive instead of a standard PS4 extended storage device, right?

P.S. How were you able to fix the symlinks on previous FWs?

@stripnwild I am not sure why you are having issues rebuilding the DB of your App2Usb content on FW 9.00. I just tested the PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1 script myself and it's working fine with App2USB fpkg. My test method:

1) Backup the database (for obvious reasons) and reboot to safe mode.
2) Selected Rebuild the database in safe mode
3) JB with GoldHen and installed fpkg game
4) Moved only that fpkg with App2USB to an external USB drive and made sure it launches
5) Rebooted to safe mode and Selected Rebuild the database again, to reset it.
6) Rebooted, JB with GoldHen, enabled FTP on port 2121, ran the script
7) Launched the fpkg while the external USB is connected - and it works.

All the script does is obviously just rebuild the database information, it doesn't touch the symlinks and the external storage, as far as I can read the script. And that should be enough to restore the fpkg information of the packages installed including those moved by App2Usb since App2Usb also does not really modify the database.

As long as the only thing that changed on your console is that your database got corrupted and rebuilt, the script should rebuild the DB perfectly. Has anything else changed on your PS4 and/or your external drive?

@pharaoh2k when you did the test though... of installing a game... moving it to Ext HD with App2usb... ran it to make sure it works... then you booted into safe mode etc... but the problem is the symlink isn't broken at this point?

Running the script wouldn't matter because the game would still work regardless due to the fact the symlink wasn't actually broken?? I've spoke to a few people with the same issue about it not fixing ext HD games on 9.00?

As far as any changes to the PS4... yes updated to fw 9.0 (which i had a crash while doing and hence the DB corruption :( And I've installed small games to internal for now to test etc etc. I did install one game and used App2usb to see if it may correct things... it didn't.

That particular game runs on external though and is fine but the other 580 some games on EXT HD still just error out :( (oh and used CMD with Admin priv and also Powershell as well)

Hi There...

Thanks Zer0xFF for this. I do not know if there is something out there for 9.00.

I hope I did not break any protocols by doing one and making it available for anyone who needs it but if I did, I'll be more than happy to fix/accordingly. I really did a very quick hack so I am not sure but it worked for me. Nothing special... just added a few columns; nasty hack if you ask me...

Full attribution was made to Zer0xFF - I hope that's ok. If not I'll take it down no worries but it's available at: dbrebuild

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back