Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 12, 2018 at 1:44 AM       277      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4Updates.py python script, PlayStation 4 developer Zer0xFF returns with PS4_db_rebuilder which will restore your FPKGs (Fake Packages) after rebuilding the PS4 database. (y)

Download: PS4_db_rebuilder (Latest Release) / GIT / release_0.1.EXTERNAL.zip (v0.1 rebuilder for external only) via thxalot60 / Restore_DB_PS4_2020.rar (30 KB - For 6.72) / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72-0.2.zip (Python Script with added support for 6.72 FW) / GIT Fork by lKinderBueno / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55.zip (23.6 KB - compatible with PS4 6.72, 7.02 and 7.55) / GIT Fork by hippie68 / Tutorial by VitoPS4 / PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1.zip via @aizenar78
Here's further details from the README.md file, to quote: PS4_db_rebuilder

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

Requirement
How-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP (command for external via sp0k: py fix_db.py PS4_IP)
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
:arrow: Update: From the README.md forked by lKinderBueno: PS4_db_rebuilder - Updated to 6.72

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

requirement
  • Python (preferably 3.0+)
how-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
Changelog
  • Fixed error "table tbl_appbrowse_XXXXXXX has 53 columns but 47 values were supplied"
  • Support to FW 6.72
PS4_DB_Rebuilder to Restore FPKGs After PS4 Database Rebuilding.jpg

Comments

so for me no single script worked and i would like to know if i do a factory reset, does this also wipe the FPKGs?

I would also just install a SSD while i couldn't use the HDD anyways

Yes doing a factory rest ..you will lose EVERYTHING! @mahediffa If you are on FW 9.0 you will be out of luck. If you click on the first page it takes you to the github page where you can download... but doesnt seem to work on ext HD on fw 9.00 (it will fix internal though)

@mahediffa @stripnwild
I was able to restore the external drive content into the database on FW 9.00. Steps:

1) Reboot the PS4
2) Jailbreak with GoldHen V2b2
3) Go to Settings -> Devices -> USB Storage Devices
4) Click the listed external storage -> Stop Using This Extended Storage
5) Eject the external storage from the USB port
6) Insert it back after a few seconds
This should start scanning it and add the missing content within a few minutes, depends on the size, drive/cable speed and data you have.

One more important note regarding the script that does indeed work on the internal drive with FW 9.00. After using the script, when going to Settings -> Storage -> System Storage -> Applications you will notice that no Application/game that has been recovered by the script will be listed there. Only "Other" will be displayed.

To fix that, edit the SQLite database: /system_data/priv/mms/app.db (use DB Browser for SQLite or similar software). Before editing, backup all the files in this folder.

Edit both tbl_appbrowse_???? (??? is some random number) tables and make sure that you edit the "canRemove" column for all the games that the script restored from "0" to "1" .

You may also need to edit the column "installDate" and change it from blank to something like "2022-01-20 18:42:10.006".
Save the app.db file and upload it back to /system_data/priv/mms/

Logoff and log back in and check if that is now fixed. If not, restart the console and check again.

P.S. Always backup files before modifying them. Always.

P.S.S. Another issue with both the script and the built-in external storage scanner - any additional content (e.g. DLCs) will need to be reinstalled.

@maddy No, I've had no reply? Tried asking on the github page, his twitter, reddit, nothing. The scripts work on fw 9.0 for internal, but for me, no external HD success :(

@stripnwild What is special about your external storage and its content? Does your PS4 recognize it when you connect it? Can you install new games on it? If so, are those new games show up and launch fine?

@pharaoh2k I have an 8TB External HD almost full of PS4 and PS2 remakes. Ive had to rebuild the symlinks before on other firmwares. However now that I'm on fw9.00 and had a database corruption while moving to fw9 I had to use the script to relink the symlinks. The script only works for internal games. All external games error when you go to launch them. If re-install a game or a new game and use the App2Usb (moves them to EXT HD) they work.

The problem is I can not re-install close to 580 games to fix the symlinks (A/ Way to hard on internal HD doing that B/ Would take a week probably) So I've been trying to get a hold of Zer0xFF to see if he can update the script so that it fixes symlinks for EXT HD but there has been no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back