Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 Help       Thread starter spscasper       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

spscasper

Contributor
Verified
My PS5 will not stay connected consistently to my 5G Wi-Fi. It disconnects at random and will not reconnect until you restart the unit. If found a few reddit posts about this issue and it seems like I'm not the only one. Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone found a work around?

TIA!

Solution
Signal strength is 98%. It's not a signal strength issue it's a flat out bug in their software.

Update: The new Sony rep I spoke to last night admitted this was an issue with the 5G band. He took all my info and was passing it on to the developers to be patched.
what's the signal strength? 5Ghz has much less range than 2.4GHz. The higher the frequency the less ability it has to penetrate walls. You'll find that 2.4GHz will have much higher signal strength at the same range.

It might not be due to signal strength but it's a possibility.

Signal strength is 98%. It's not a signal strength issue it's a flat out bug in their software.

Update: The new Sony rep I spoke to last night admitted this was an issue with the 5G band. He took all my info and was passing it on to the developers to be patched.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back