Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 9, 2024 at 7:23 PM       6      
Proceeding the previous PS4 Emulators for PC comes yet another PlayStation 4 (PS4) Emulator for Windows dubbed psOff by SysRay on Github, which according to the developer currently runs some simple games like Worms W.M.D, Sonic Mania Plus or Blackhole. 🕹️

Download: psOff-artifact.zip (53.4 MB - includes emulator.exe) / psOff_public GIT

Spoiler: Depreciated

Here's further details from the README.md: psOff - PlayStation 4 Emulation (Windows)

In development

Tested only with AMD GPU. May not run with NVidia, currently.

Runtime and rendering part is private currently.Target is to have a standalone framework for shader reconstruction, command buffer translation and managing the GPU memory, for others to use. This project uses it to run "Linux" binaries on windows.
PSOff PlayStation 4 (PS4) Emulator for Windows by SysRay.png

PSOff PlayStation 4 (PS4) Emulator for Windows by SysRay 2.png

PSOff PlayStation 4 (PS4) Emulator for Windows by SysRay 3.png

No, the fps is not fake :)

Description

Yet another compatibility layer! I solely focused on the rendering part and recently started to implement the system functions to run some binaries.

It renders decently fast, the planned changes will make it almost perfect. Had to reverse engineer and try out a lot, before.

It currently doesn't support:
  • multiple command buffer submits
  • for loops in shader
  • missing opcodes
I’m happy for any help. Just hop in, system part isn't complicated. I don't serve spaghetti only bugs.

Getting Started

Dependencies

• Vulkan *** 1.3.268.0, minimum
  • up to date graphic drivers
(May add the Vulkan libs in future Releases, if needed )

For development:
  • Ninja
  • CMake 3.24+
  • Visual Studio 2019, for the build environment (uses clang-cl, c++20)
Installing

For testing, just download the latest release. And install the Vulkan ***

For development, set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to the downloaded emulators folder.

Executing program
Code:
.\emulator.exe --h
.\emulator.exe --file="C:/****/eboot.bin"
If no --root is defined, it uses the folder from --file
For testing/benchmark, add --vsync=0

It expects the Target to be in the following format:
Code:
sce_module
sce_sys
eboot.bin
Development

Use boosts thread, mutex and conditions. The waits have to be alert able in order to receive fake signals from "kernel".

Project uses p7 for tracing -> Baical server.
  • modules: the ps4 libraries
  • core: kernel, memory etc.
  • emulator.exe: (From Releases) contains the runtime and rendering
I'm using vscode, '.vscode\tasks.json' contains the config&build tasks.

Comments

that's friggin cool, love seeing emulation of consoles and other systems. obviously it still needs time to develop more before it's fully 100% emulating the ps4 system however still nice to see it in development.

Is there any way to adjust the resolution? I'm using Windows 11 on my Steam Deck which is 1280x800. I only see about 33% of Sonic on screen once the game launches.

Back