Category PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 28, 2017 at 2:41 AM       3,727       0            
Last week we reported on the .PSV ROM Format followed by some PS Vita Decrypters, and recently PlayStation Vita developer @kageurufu made available PSVTools which is a Python .psv format manipulator and verification toolset to trim, restore and validate PSV files. ;)

Download: psvtools-0.1.0.tar.gz / GIT

To quote from kageurufu via Reddit: I'm officially releasing 0.1.0 of my psvtools suite.

Its open source, python 2.7 and 3.4+ compatible, unit tested, and I've been using for a few days now for my own backups: https://github.com/kageurufu/psvtools

There's not a lot there, but that's a good thing in my opinion.

To install, get python for your operating system. I believe OSX comes with 2.7 as of this writing. Most linux distributions include some form of python.
Code:
pip install psvtools
You'll get 4 command line utilities from this:
Code:
usage: psvtools [-h] [-t | -e | -v] [-o OUTPUT] file

positional arguments:
  file                  psv file to operate on

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -t, --trim            Trim a psv file. This is the default behavior
  -e, --expand          Expand a trimmed psv file
  -v, --verify          Validate the checksum of a psv file
  -o OUTPUT, --output OUTPUT
                        output file to write to

usage: psvexpand [-h] [-o OUTPUT] file
usage: psvtrim [-h] [-o OUTPUT] file
usage: psverify [-h] file
I've rigorously tested these, and trimming and expanding should yield byte-identical output files.
PSVTools PSV File Trimmer and Validation Toolset by Kageurufu.jpg

Comments

Recent Articles
PS4 Patch Builder for Building Modded Update PKGs by MODDED WARFARE
Since his YouTube Issues PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @MODDEDWARFARE returns releasing on Twitter a PS4 Patch Builder application used for building modded Update Packages (PKGs) alongside a...
PS Vita System Software / Firmware 3.73 is Live, Don't Update!
Trick or treat?! šŸŽƒ Since their previous PS Vita OFW revision, today Sony pushed live a PlayStation Vita System Software / Firmware 3.73 Update leaving many curious if they patched the H-Encore 2...
PlayStation Store Halloween Sale Now Live, PSN Game Deals Up to Half Off
The month is already half over and Halloween 2019 is quickly approaching as Sony unleashes their latest PlayStation Store Halloween Sale featuring PSN game deals at up to 50% off on select titles...
Sony PlayStation Augmented Reality (AR) Wireless Headset Patent Surfaces
Contrary to the potential PSVR2 Patent that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user's view of the real world, the latest PlayStation Augmented Reality (AR) Wireless Headset Patent by...