Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PC Gaming       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 4, 2022 at 7:13 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the Console Scene boom, many (myself included with @CyB1K and @softstar) sat in front of our IBM's (back then I had a 386SX) after a weekly trip to Babbages, Electronics Boutique (aka EB Games) or Software Etc in the mall to snag the latest point-and-click adventure games... among my personal favorites are Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure, Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest and of course the Monkey Island series! 🐒 :love:

Those who remember Cassingles may also recall LucasArts Entertainment early copy-protection in the form of cardboard Interactive Code Wheels included in each game box used to verify your copy was genuine before joining in Guybrush Threepwood's latest adventure. 🏴‍☠️

Fast-forward 30+ years (has it really been that long, it feels just like yesterday :giggle:), and Lucasfilm Games just announced via this thing called 'social media' on the Internet a new game by Ron Gilbert dubbed Return to Monkey Island arriving later this year for grog lovers all over in 2022! :beer: <3

While details on Return to Monkey Island are sparse at the moment with no word on a PlayStation 4 version like the Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry reboot, according to Wikipedia to quote:

Return to Monkey Island is the sixth installment overall, a joint collaboration between Gilbert's Terrible Toybox studio and Disney-owned Lucasfilm Games, and published by Devolver Digital.

The game will continue the story from the ending of LeChuck's Revenge, while bringing on some elements from subsequent games such as Murray the Demonic Talking Skull.

In addition to Gilbert, Grossman returns as co-writer, with music from Land, McConnell, and Bajakian, and Armato returning to voice Guybrush. Announced in April 2022, it is set for a release later the same year.
Return to Monkey Island | Coming 2022

Announcing Return to Monkey Island, the long-awaited follow-up to the legendary Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge by Ron Gilbert's Terrible Toybox in collaboration with Devolver Digital and Lucasfilm Games, coming 2022.

Return to Monkey Island Point-And-Click Adventure Game Coming in 2022.jpg

Comments

The infamous 14 floppy disks game! I love this :love:

I also remember trying to play indiana jones protected with those wheels and i would always try to crack it to play i had no idea haha i was like 2 or 3 :ROFLMAO:

This is so exciting im triple posting lool "The game will continue the story from the ending of LeChuck's Revenge" Does this mean we go back to the carnival of dreams? haha

Ah i cant wait haha

This is AMAZING!!! News... :love::love::love: This Has to be my ALL time favourite franchise... and really takes me back to my younger years of playing this Superb GAME Series. I am Excited Now... Damn... I feel like a kid again.

I went to look and i cant believe its been almost 10 years since the last broken sword, my god time goes so damn fast :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back