Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter laz305       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.

laz305

Contributor
Verified
So I’m guessing in theory this should work but has anyone else tested this out before when cloning the PS4 HDD for upgrade?

If not I guess I’ll be the guinea pig cuz I’m doing it now lol
  • Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA I/II/III Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5in HDD, SSD with Hard Drive Duplicator/Cloner Function [10TB Support] (EC-HD2B)

I didn't use a docking station, but I tried an external hdd case to clone with AOMEI Partition Assistant, It did clone but only the size of the ps4 drive was copy over to the new one, its sector by sector.

First boot with the new drive the ps4 booted, but that's when I notice that it was the same size as the and original drive, took it out of the ps4 to try to explain the size, but that didn't work, after that my ps4 didn't boot with the clone or the original drive, had to flash the recovery firmware, so I ended up losing all data on the drive.

Oh damn that sux big time. You got me crapping bricks now. It’s still cloning after 10hrs. So I guess I’ll find out in a little while.

Wow it didn’t work.

on Fw 5.05 you can easily use backup / restore feature on ps4 settings, after that install a new hard drive or ssd (SSD is better) and download 5.05 firmware for re-installation the size around 900 gb, after that use the restore from ps4 menu settings and place your ps4 backup drive on usb ports

i'm using samsung ssd 8tb 870 series, and whenever i turn on the ps4 i can just jump to user guide to activate hen without waiting 2-3 mins. ssd is super fast compared to original ps4 hard drive which is toshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back