Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS2 Emulators for PS4 / PS5 Mast1c0re Exploit and backported Saturn Emulator in Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute, this weekend PlayStation 4 Scene homebrew developer @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) shared on Twitter a Saturn2PS4 v1.0 Tool alongside v1.1, v1.2 and v1.2.1 for retrogamers interested in creating Saturn PS4 Fake PKGs (FPKGs) to use on 5.05, 6.72 and 9.00 Jailbroken PS4 consoles and Hacked PS5 consoles. 🕹️

Download: saturn_test_1.2.1.rar (252.38 MB - includes Create_Saturn_PKG_v1.2.1.bat) / Dragon Ball Z ShinButoden_SATURN.pkg (490.06 MB) / Tomb_Raider_SATURN.pkg (461.75 MB) / TB_TEST_2.pkg (461.25 MB) / TEST_SATURN.pkg (603.25 MB) / test-cotton2_only.pkg (159.44 MB) / Sega Saturn Tribute Compatibility List

Spoiler: Depreciated

This comes proceeding SATURN-FPKG v1.1, with further details on the release from Logic-Sunrise.com roughly translated: [PS4] Saturn2Ps4 v1.0 for 5.05, 6.72 and 9.00

For a while now the Saturn emulation on PS4 has been available but only for consoles in 9.00. Recently the great @CyB1K that we no longer need to introduce (finally) managed to backport this Saturn emulator in 5.05 which therefore allows the 5.05 and 6.72 consoles to also benefit from it.

So I decided to adapt my Switch batch to create our own Saturn games for PS4.

Indeed, thanks to this new script you will be able to enjoy your Sega Saturn games on your PS4 5.05, 6.72 and 9.00. You will be able to play a large number of Saturn titles in full screen if you wish, keep in mind, however, that some titles will not be compatible and that others will work more or less well...

You should also know that you will need Goldhen 2.3 minimum to run this Saturn emulator, and that your games must be in .bin/cue format, the script also taking into account games with several .bin.

Moreover I added some small options which will allow you for example to customize the boot-logo, to inject a custom .ini file, but also to launch games requiring 4MB of memory.

You can also convert your .iso to .bin but this option has its limits, games containing .wav or mp3 files cannot be converted to .bin, so you will have to find this same game in a complete .bin version.

⚠️ Attention !!! Your game may not work, you will then either have an error or a black screen when running your game, this will therefore mean that your iso is not compatible with the emulator.

A small donation to support me is always welcome ^^: markus00095 <3

Saturn2Ps4 v1.0 Changelog:
  • Initial version
Saturn2Ps4 v1.1 Changelog:
  • Add 2 languages (Italian and Spanish)
  • Add 2 formats of iso (CCD/IMG/SUB and MDF/MDS)
  • Add disable widescreen option
  • Fix a bug with config .INI injection
Saturn2Ps4 v1.2 Changelog:
  • Added PS5 support
Spoiler: Related Tweets & Videos
Saturn2PS4 v1.0 Create Saturn PS4 Fake PKGs (FPKGs) by Markus95.png

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back