Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 28, 2017 at 9:13 PM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this year we saw the release of a 2TB Game Drive by Seagate, and recently they've announced the addition of a 4TB Game Drive which can hold 100+ PlayStation 4 games compared to 50+ for the 2TB model. ;)

The MSRP for the 2TB model STGD2000400 is $109.99 and pricing for the 4TB model STGD4000400 is $159.99, although they can be found as low as $130 at retailers according to VentureBeat.com.

To quote: "The Game Drive's USB 3.0 connection has high speed and is compatible with any generation of PS4 (System Software version 4.50 or higher). It runs off USB power, so you don’t need an extra plug.

You just plug the external drive directly into any USB port on the console – setup starts automatically and takes less than three minutes."
Seagate Launches PS4 4TB USB 3.0 Game Drive HDD for PlayStation 4.jpg

Comments

hmmm nice but not worth it, better buy instead a 8TB Drive ... i have enough on my ps4 with internal 4TB Hybrid Drive (Chase Mod to Fit)

Pretty much, just designed specifically for ease of use with the PS4 so those on OFW 4.5+ can plug it and 3 minutes later be ready to go.

They need this kind of marketing because there will be people who don't do their homework believing you can't plug any HDD into PS4. I mean just look at the typical iPhone/Mac user and their "for Apple" peripherals.

If your looking to buy this DONT Seagate is the WORST Hard Drive business EVER,.... EVERY Hard Drive I bought from Seagate broke EVERYONE, I even bought a 2TB External Drive, guess what it BROKE and I RMAd it and the RMA (new in box) opened it after 5 Mins it also Broke my friend had a 3.5" Seagate HDD in his PS3 Devkit and he Told me that's the ONLY HDD he had to replace ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back