Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 26, 2018 at 2:40 AM       96      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many may recall emulators like PGEN and SNES Station to emulate Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis platforms on both PS2 and PS3, well today following his announcement the SNESStation emulator has been ported by Nominus for exploited PS4 4.05 consoles allowing sceners to relive their SNES video game memories once again! :love:

Download: SnesStation.zip (28.6 MB) / SnesStation.zip (Mirror) / SnesStation.zip (Mirror #2) / SNES_STATION.pkg (42.62 MB - 10 ROMs included by @0x199) / SnesStationIcon.zip (2.71 MB - SNESStation for PS4 icon set) by Cloud0835 / SNESEMU.pkg (SNES EMU with FULL Rom Set 4.06 GB) via @eustachy7777 / UP1004-SLUS20090_00-SCUS974900000001-A0100-V0100.pkg (Mirror) / Snes Station SLUS20090.rtf (Mirror #2) / SNES Station Compilations via @jwooh

From the included ReadMe file, to quote: SNESStation Emulator for PS4 4.05

1. Open disc01 place ROM files in folder
2. Open cdgenPS2.exe, drag all files located INSIDE disc01 folder into cdgenPS2
3. Click IMG on left side, save as disc01.iso [make sure it's an iso file]
4. This is your disc01 for you PS4 FPKG building.
5. Continue to build PS4-PS2 package as usual. Install on PS4 and enjoy.

Note** Games will be located on 'CDROM' directory until we can escape the PS2 sandbox and add USB support to PS2 emulator. ;)

--Nominus

PS4 4.05 JAILBREAK SNES2PS4 video by Sean Torres
Testing SNES Station on PS4 4.05 Exploit (Jailbreak)
SNES for PS4 (4.55 Jailbreak) by MasterTurkey
Running SNES/Game Boy Emulators on PS4 (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: SNES_STATION.pkg (42.6 MB)

Thanks to @fais13attention and @seanp2500 in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the news tips, and @NerdyBitsUK on Twitter for the Super Nintendo EMU screenshot! <3
SNESStation Emulator Port for PS4 4.05 by Nominus.jpg

Comments

thanks very much for this release! its working great! can anyone please post the link to the full rom bundle? do i have to reinstall it completely or can i just update the roms?

There was a bundle posted on page 3 at the very end of the page. Thx for the uploads, saved me some time digging up my old snesstation disc and extracting it.

Talking about the aspect ratio, any way to set it to 4:3 ? I like it old school and don't care about the left and right side bar...

I see the same thing going on with ps2 games on ps4... it's stretch ... anyway to set ps2 pkg to 4:3 also?
When you build a PS2 pkg you can change the file config-emu-ps4.txt from 16:9 to 4:3 and then save it. it will be the last line, it might say "host-display-mode=full"

In this case, change Full to 4:3
i.e. host-display-mode=4:3

Thanks for the tips @DarkJediRey, in that case, if I already got the pkg from the scene (the snes one with all roms) is there anyway to put that setting into it? Or ftp the setting into the installed pkg? Or at least unpack and repack with the updated settings?

i think the easiest way to do this is to use orbis-pub-chk.exe to extract the pkg then rebuild, but i have no idea what password was set. I wanted to do this to change the pic1.png. I like the icon tho. might be best to start from scratch and build from the directions in OP

@eustachy7777 would you be able to tell us what is the passcode for your package so we can unpack and adjust the aspect ratio?

I tried 00000000000000000000000000000000, doesn't work.
I've figured out a way to do this... I tried to first load the hen payload and load the package created by @eustachy7777. Then after that, I tried to load the ftp payload (within the same session, not turning off the ps4) sometime it will fail (hang, panic, etc.) but one time I am able to run both payload at the same time.

Doing so, I can ftp into the loaded SnesStation that created by @eustachy7777 and go to the directory where the pkg stored the disc01.iso there contains the roms that he use to build the iso (4GB).

I ftped the iso back into my pc, and create a new pkg using this disc01.iso, this time with 4:3 settings. Doing that, I can bypass the build passcode and extract the file that way. I am trying to build it up and see if it work this way. If so, I will try to upload it to zippy and share to you guys (this time with pwd all zeros so in the future others can unpack and repack it to change other settings).

props to @eustachy7777 as I did not create this initially. I only merely re-create it. Will update you guys later on progress. (sorry I am new on uploading and don't know what need to be done to upload to zippy properly, pwd protected, with link scramble probably?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back