Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 11, 2017 at 1:41 AM       29      
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we await word on the PS4 v4.50 Development Poll Results, following their ROP Tool and PS4 Kexec Syscall Implementation today PlayStation 4 developer 5lipper of Chaitin Tech was added to Zer0Con's schedule as a speaker on PS4 hacking! :notworthy:

Zer0Con is a a conference for exploit developers and bug hunters that is being held April 13-14th in Seoul, Korea with registration now open through March 20th, 2017.

About Zer0Con: Zer0Con is POC’s NEW ‘CLOSED’ international security conference. It focuses on finding, analyzing, and exploiting vulnerabilities. Zer0Con aims to have high-level technical presentations but avoids the commercial ones. Zer0Con doesn’t pursue money, same as POC conference.

From the Speaker Section, to quote: PS4 Hacking

Game console is always an interesting target for hackers. Sony PlayStation 4, the most popular video game console, has sold more than 53 million units all over the world.

The last public PS4 jailbreak was targeting to version 1.76, which has been released more than two years.

However, Sony didn’t stop hardening the PS4 system. As more mitigation is introduced, PS4 jailbreaking is much more challenging.

In GeekPWN 2016, I have demonstrated booting a Linux system on latest PS4 console by exploiting multiple vulnerabilities through webkit to kernel.

In this talk, I'd like to share some technique details about PS4 hacking.

Thanks to @aimaim, @mcmrc1, @sealab, @Shodan and @VultraAID for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! <3
5lipper of Chaitin Tech to Detail PS4 Hacking at Zer0Con Next Month.png

Comments

These hacker conferences are nothing more than glorified circle jerks. Just guys trying to impress their boyfriends and make a name for themselves to build their resumes to get jobs at large corps. Not hating on them just don't expect any releases. These chitin guys obviously want a job at Sony.

They should show how they done it now think they waited this long so most off psn users get feed up waiting and update there system, Lets just hope we see something nice out off this

They should show how they done it now think they waited this long so most off psn users get feed up waiting and update there system, Lets just hope we see something nice out off this

When a jailbreak comes out it will work on the current fw. I don't get people who don't update or buy a second ps4 to keep on lower fw. Waste of time, money, and a ps4. The ps3 jailbreak didn't happen like this so not sure where people get that logic from.

Just cause 3 runs pretty nicely on 4.50 with ps4 pro boost mode ☺

When a jailbreak comes out it will work on the current fw. I don't get people who don't update or buy a second ps4 to keep on lower fw. Waste of time, money, and a ps4. The ps3 jailbreak didn't happen like this so not sure where people get that logic from.

Just cause 3 runs pretty nicely on 4.50 with ps4 pro boost mode ☺

I think also that it will come out on a high firmware.

this is BS real BS.... in the old day real devs crack the system only to prove themselves they can do it, for fun or like me to see how big corps react when they find out that a some kids crack the product of entire security division... lol happy days.

now there is something out only if you get some money like cobra, true blue and others.... or if you want a job at snowy microshit or appeellle, like chaintin guy or a moment of diva fame attention geo hots ring a bell first iphone and then ps3.

for god sake you fight for "I did that" "no I did that" "is my code" or "you stole my idea" or "acting so butt hurt when you are not credited" ...who give a crap, do it because you like it or because is fun.

I release piece of code without taking credit, they simply appeared in the wild, I didn't give a damn because some guy or some forum from some forsaken country didn't know it was me, I knew, my friends knew

and I saw the philosophical dilemma, we wont released because of backups ..reallly ????

in fact is the end user choice on how to use what you release, what is worse pirates or the ones that sell hack to pirate??? like I always said, if you like a game buy it, the devs deserve their money, or if a game is good it will sell no matter what....

so lets get to the point chaintin guys are a joke

The post above yours is all I could find on it thus far, it was a closed event which explains why so little is available apparently. :X3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back