Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 28, 2018 at 9:28 AM       304      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my previous release, I put together an Android app to host the 4.55 exploit and payloads.

You have to setup a wifi hotspot with your phone/tablet and connect the PS4 to that hotspot or connect the phone/tablet to the same network the PS4 is on.

Then install the app and open it and at the top will be the address you need to connect to with the PS4.

Your device might ask you about installing an application from "unknown sources" this is ok to allow, it just means its not coming from Google Play.

You just select the payload you want to run in the app and then use the PS4 to goto the address that you see in the app.

To change the payload just select it in the app and then use the ps4 to revisit/refresh the address again.

you can add more payloads to the app you just plug your phone into your computer and copy any payload BIN file you like into the PS4_455_Payloads directory.

Right now the 4.55 exploit and hen payload are really unstable and you will have to try loading it again and again until the exploit works and payload injects properly.

You will get a lot of "There is not enough free system memory" errors, just select ok and keep trying

Once you fight it enough the payload will work and you will be able to install and play pkg games.

Download: Ps4_Serve2_v2_0.apk (1.8 MB - Changes)

Spoiler: Depreciated

Eye candy:

Android App to Host PS4 4.55 Exploit and Payloads by Stooged.png

Comments

Well, i'm sometimes little slow, but i'm trying...;)

Ok, road so far.... Use hollygrail with jsv1, so far so good, i chose this as starting point, and everything is working, no errors, no panic, no freeze. Of course i have to play little longer, but for now is great.

And maybe i'm crazy but everything seems to run much smoother, closing games, restarting etc....

Holy grail is said to work better than HEN VTX, theyre essentially the same thing, just slightly different implementation I guess.

For now, quick testing, only holygrail with v1 userland is working for me.

Hg with v2 crashes ps when loads.
Hen with v1 game freezing
Hen with v2 crashes ps when loads, or freeze game

Of course this is based on few test runs

Sadly, @DEFAULTDNB method only seems to be working, i tried everything, changing userland, trying different versions etc, but always hits the wall - if game dont freeze at running, it will freeze on saving or exiting. If payloads runs on first try, then will be panic error few seconds after loading, if it loads after few tries, then game will load and save ok, but freeze on exiting, if hen won't load after ten tries, then on first load will panic and shut down... You got the point, no matter what scenario, something will go wrong every time, and i really dont understand why?

I'm back on @stooged android hosting 2.0, not without problems, but games works ok, loads fine, few times i got freeze on exiting....

So for me, there's no method that works without problems, for now....

This is very close to impossible......

@stooged
Thank you very much for your great app and payload
After making tests i found something
I am using the android app to run hen and app2usb
Right now am using v1.5 so when i run the app with hotspot without internet connection (offline) works normally but when i run it with internet on (mobil data)
It cause a crash all the time i have then to uninstall the app delete the payloads and again install the apk and add the app2usb payload then everything will work normally.
Can someone confirm that?

Correction it seems being online is not the cause but normally using v1.5 cause many not enough memory and the run fine and then after sometimes of running the exploit it will be success from the first time and if from the first time successful that means izs gonna cause a crash so i have to reinstall the app and delete the payloads and keep doing so.

And i think it began behaving like this after i tried the new rewrited exp. And it didnt work fine with me. Sorry for the huge explanation trying to help the scene

I also have a lot a problems, can't say that i find solution, but something worked for me....

First, i downloaded @stooged android app 1.5 (or some older release, not really matter), then installed it, and run it, but i didn't connect ps or send any payload.

Then, uninstall apk and install newest version, 2.0 at this time (i believe). This way, you will have two benefits - new version use old exploit for default, and because you installed older version first, you will have holly grail hen in your android, so you can use old exploit with "old" homebrew enabler.

Then connect your ps, select and send HEN payload (not xvortex hen). After some testing, most of times holly grail loads on first try, rarely i have "out of memory errors". Ok, after you succesfuly load hen, go to settings and activate rest mode, be sure to check "keep aplication suspended" (or something like that), and set turn off time at 20minutes.

Play game, exit game normaly, then just leave your ps, after 20mins it will go in rest mode, and on second run, hen will be in memory, and most important, 5 days ago i run this, everytime since then ps works great, no freezing, no blocking, games works, everytime ps boots from suspend.... Not a single problem, and i played several games for hours, changing user and playing games on his "account" also work....

Not sure why or how this works, but after many problems i have, this is closest to solution that i found. Of course, shutting down and resending payload also work, but not always as it should, this is far better and stable.

Is there any harm to console if kept on suspend over night? On day, somebody always play something.

I have read several threads and many posts where people report that they have some crashs and/or freezes using 4.55. It's complicated to estimate the percentage and reach a diagnosis. Some of them have recorded their tries and experience with the different webkit and kexploit. I don't know if devs are working to find a way to increase reliability and if there's a way to help them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back