Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 28, 2018 at 9:28 AM       304      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my previous release, I put together an Android app to host the 4.55 exploit and payloads.

You have to setup a wifi hotspot with your phone/tablet and connect the PS4 to that hotspot or connect the phone/tablet to the same network the PS4 is on.

Then install the app and open it and at the top will be the address you need to connect to with the PS4.

Your device might ask you about installing an application from "unknown sources" this is ok to allow, it just means its not coming from Google Play.

You just select the payload you want to run in the app and then use the PS4 to goto the address that you see in the app.

To change the payload just select it in the app and then use the ps4 to revisit/refresh the address again.

you can add more payloads to the app you just plug your phone into your computer and copy any payload BIN file you like into the PS4_455_Payloads directory.

Right now the 4.55 exploit and hen payload are really unstable and you will have to try loading it again and again until the exploit works and payload injects properly.

You will get a lot of "There is not enough free system memory" errors, just select ok and keep trying

Once you fight it enough the payload will work and you will be able to install and play pkg games.

Download: Ps4_Serve2_v2_0.apk (1.8 MB - Changes)

Spoiler: Depreciated

Eye candy:

Android App to Host PS4 4.55 Exploit and Payloads by Stooged.png

Comments

Has anyone tried the Apptousb payload? was wondering if it copies games straight to external usb and also if it would overwrite a game already on there or would it just skip that title if it was already on external device!

Thanks for your advice and help!

There is nothing to update.

Its pointless just throwing updates for attention, the app does what you need and you add any payloads you need to the payloads folder.

Job done ;)

4.05 and 4.55 use different exploits to get kernel code execution thats why they are not the same.

I find 4.05 much less stable as it is more likely to throw a panic and shut the console down.

4.55 takes longer to get the payload to inject because you have to fight the generic memory error but it is much less likely to panic.

Both exploits in the end do the job that is needed.

@stooged But i still have some issues with the app though i had alot of tests tried to do many changes but i didnt know where the problem is.

Before the release of the new rewrited exploit everything was just fine i only got the not enough memory error few times and then works just fine.

Then i ran the new rewrited ex. Off course with your brilliant android app and it didnt work fine i got either java error or works but cause a game crash always. So i returned to the old exploit and since then i had this:

If it works from the first or sometimes the second try without the not enough memory error that means it will eventually crash so i know that it didnt work then i have to restart the process once again and hope that i will get the not enough memory error few times if not then restart agin and so on.

But as you said maybe its not caused by the android app. Sorry for the too long story but i really hope that somebody can find us a solution I have ps4 1tb slim and 4tb external hdd
on 4.55 fw
Peace

Please add option to set mobile data off to prevent ps4 to get access to internet

That checks if phone has access to internet and if yes it prevents you from using the app and won't let run the server untill no internet

(Untill Ping google.com or PlayStation servers fails)

Anyone else using the app and having problems dumping\converting the games. Tried using old and new payload.

The game that I'm dumping TLOU is like 48gb installed (no updates installed) but 58gb dumped and fails with errors in orbis pub gen.

Also tried Horizon zero dawn and it takes way too long for what one would normally expect.

Afew app versions ago I successfully dumped and converted the last guardian.

Any suggestions?

Update: Looking like the failures were caused by running out of space on C drive as the temporary game file is being built there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back