Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Tanmay007
no, just use the v9, the problem was memory allocation for reading the ini its sorted now.

@MeTheKing
you will probably find the system is hash or size checking the pkg that was installed to the pkg that is being run when you play the game.

so I am nervously trying to migrate my 3.4 tb collection to my usb. i left pkgs on root with their original filenames and deleted the 2 "//" slashes before CHECK_USB. My understanding is this will cause the payload to check my usb root and save me time by simply taking these pkg's and moving them to my PS4 directory and renaming them to app.pkg. I uh don't quite understand how this all works but this is my understanding of usage. I hope this is true.

I have begun my process. I left the ini untouched save for deleting the two slashes in front of CHECK_USB. I used version 9. There were no memories errors. I loaded the bin after first loading hen 1.4 on 4.55 phat. It says copying but the process seems to be moving right along. I bring this up because the word copying worries me it is not just moving the pkgs from root. I assume if this is the case i should run out of space fairly quickly if this is failing (it's a 4tb drive that has a little over 200gb remaining.). So far I am 40 minutes in.

May the God's of the PS4 scene protect me...

If this works stooged you are my hero and I will donate asap.

@seanp2500

You dont run hen to run other payloads you only use hen to install and play games.

If its moving files from the root of the usb it should be showing messages saying skipping copy and linking.

If its copying files from the internal ps4 hdd it will be showing messages with % of progress

yeah turned out it filled up my usb. No big deal I have my pkg backed up so just going to delete them. Like ok if I don't have enough space for the whole hd it will just do up to what will work or it will partial copy a game? Once space is freed will it just copy missing games if rerun?

@stooged
I can not compile I meet these alert.
should I change something?
Code:
source/main.c:153:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘lstat’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     if (lstat(fname, &statbuf) < 0) {
         ^
source/main.c: In function ‘copyFile’:
source/main.c:286:13: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘symlink’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
             symlink(destfile, sourcefile);
Thanks

@jad67tony
My dev kit is modified to include more syscalls so you will have to the add the missing syscalls to the code you are compiling.
Just put them in the top of your main.c file.
Code:
int symlink(const char *pathname, const char *slink) {
    return syscall(57, pathname, slink);
}

int lstat(const char *pathname, struct stat *buf) {
    return syscall(190, pathname, buf); //40 old syscall
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back