Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

Hey guys would like some input from you all about this issue and what I should do. I have had a ps4pro in hibernation since talks of future exploits after 4.55. Luckily the system was left on 5.05 ofw.

This ps4pros internal drive was never used and 8tb drive instead was always the default drive from day one. Actual active psn accounts are still on the ps4pro (would love for a way to save those act.dat and edat files for future spoofing etc) and so are a bunch of games.

So here's my issue.. After running hen I can install a fpkg to the internal drive but if I try at first to do so and have the external drive defaulted as I had always had it I get an error code.

So check this out, from when I installed the fpkg to the internal I then successfully moved it to the external but when you launch the game it will not boot past the loaded picture.

How can this issue be resolved since I believe app2usb may not work because the external drive with everything was formatted as a extended storage from the beginning.

@CapoCEO official external formatting wont work with fpkg so dont move them to external, you need an exfat formatted hdd and use this app and even then you might find the odd game not working on external

I see thanks for the help. I am still being hopeful one day we could use the ps4s formatted external storage for use like we seen with usage on the ps3's formatted internal or external storage in hax scene!

@CapoCEO to be honest using this app is better than official way cos if your ps4 goes up you have lost all your games, With this way they are all on external and your pc can work with them so you can reinstall them

5.05 is not finished yet and the code on github is just a placeholder for the 5.0X code thats why there is no release yet.

@CapoCEO interesting everyone has been trying forever to get remote play and media player to work, the key to that is how PS4 OS saves player info and other activation data in the db. Hope you find something useful. All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back