Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@rockla psn server updates can't be used unless you own the original disk.just download a fpkg update that matches the cusa id of the game it's easier to download the game and update from the same uploader so you're sure it has been dumped using the same disk.otherwise you will have to repack it to base game using duxa's repacker.. or you can search for a game with update already installed so you don't have to do it yourself.

if i use apptousb i always manualy copy the gameupdate to the update folder and rename it to patch.pkg (not really necessary but i still do it)

recap: you put game cusaxxxxx on the root of your usb + the matching update run hen install run apptousb to move game + update to ext hdd (set up ini file ). i uncheck (remove //) check_usb and move_mode .put the cusa id in the list below. then i usually use my computer first to copy the game and the update to the folders so apptousb just links it takes about 10 sec ext hdd/ps4/cusaxxxxx/app.pkg and hdd/ps4/update/cusaxxxxx/patch.pkg
put ini file in ps4 folder.
check you tube (modded warfare for his tutorial) the ini file has less options but it's basically the same

@stooged In AppToUSB, would it be be possible to change the external PKG location from /PS4/CUSAXXXXX to / (root)? Or at the very least, create a symlink of it in root?

I'd like the Settings -> Debug Settings -> Game -> Package Installer option to detect the PKGs. This way I could transfer the external games back to internal in case I want to unplug the external HDD.

Is this possible?

@stooged i didnt see it in the write up but i have a game (gang beats) that stops loading once i run app2usb on it. Is there a way to exclude only that game from being added to the external? BTW i am not manually selecting which games i want to move i just uncomment "check usb" and "move update". Thanks!

@stooged Is there a way when you have the external HD attached to the ps4 and you go into library and delete a game, to also have it delete anything related to that game like updates in the update folder and DLCs in the dlc folder? I'm finding a when I delete a game it doesn't remove everything?

@Easymode some game just wont work on external so just add em to the list in the ini and it should leave em be

@stripnwild the PS4 like most computers dosnt delete any thing they just unlink the file to make space, If the space dosnt get used for other things then the files remain this is great mostly because if you make a mistake and delete the wrong game its still there on pc without having to use special tools to un delete it, If you go to download the same game again of PSN and its still there then it gets re-linked and not downloaded, Its just a shame the pkg installer cant re-link

@The Number Wind its really a silly idea having all them pkgs on root along with icons, you would also need the updates and dlc on root so finding the game you want to install becomes a task if you have 200 games on the external root, Just do what i do, Keep the games your playing regular on internal, Move em when your finished then you dont need external plugged in at all

Thanks @BigWadger - So for example...it you have the Euro version of the game and end up getting the USA version and want to delete the EURO....the only true way is to plug it into the computer and find that CUSA folder and delete it (and its updates and dlcs) or does this cause issues with the symlink etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back