Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

ya i have an 8tb seagate usb 3 external HD and use AppToUsb. Been using it since day 1 - i had to rebuild once. huge pain, do yourself a favour and back everything up. using PS4 db_rebuilder-0.1 to fix things after the fact is not easy/user friendly

Is it possible to backup the PS4 database so if games were stored externally & you needed to reinstall your current firmware or update

The games are not lost from the external hard drive and could be restored without reinstalling all.

I ask because Im using app2usb & don't want to have to reinstall the content of usb drive after reinitialize or firmware update. The installation of multiple games is a long process.

Is it possible to back up the database ive tried this using system software & it docent seem to work help appreciated

It may be worth adding the games are retained within individual folder ids on external drive

What i require is games to be stored on usb but ps4 to be directed from internal storage to run the games. so its probably in file stored within the ps4 that needs retained and re utilized to retain database of games installed on external drive to run

the current setup works its just how to restore it, after system probs etc

Does APP2USB keep my games/apps stored forever? Or will I need to transfer them every time? Because it seems kind of useless if it's only temporary 🤷‍♂️🤔

hey @stooged, can i plug in 2 external hard drive at same time and play games located in both of them without need to plug in second one ?

I mean i can only play games located in the first PLUG IN external hard drive, and if u try to run a game located inside second external hard drive, doesn't work. i must plug off FIRST hard drive to be able to run games located in second hard drive.

Hi everyone!

Just a quick question about using a new external hdd. Currently all my 'installed' games are on my external using App2Usb.

If I made a 1:1 copy to a new (same formatted) hdd but larger, would it just be plug and play like this one is now?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back