Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter koyi       203      
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmph. I may have an idea about LICDIR games and working.... but this needs some testing.
  • Install the Kiosk firmware.
  • Inject a game that has a LICDIR (updates and conversion on it) on the backup.
  • Restore the backup
  • Try to see if the game works, if it works, go back to OFW by using the reverter.
  • Enjoy !
EDIT: If using a Russian game backup from pspx and not running, please try 3 things:
  • Change the name of the game to BLES/BLUS/BLJS (depend of the region game)(ID)GAME
  • Change from DG to HG
  • Change BLES/BLUS/BLJS to NPEB/NPUB/NPJB and by keeping the same ID away (on the PARAM.SFO)
If someone may try my method, please leave some comments.

koyi said:
What was the method you used for COD:WAW? I've been trying to get it working without any success

As far as i know the kiosk firmware is just a limited version of OFW. But i think i may give it another try.
The method is from a spanish blog ElOtroLado. The method is simple: COD: WAW

1. Copy all content of the update folder except param.sfo (COPY DONT CUT!) to PS3_GAME folder rewriting if it ask to. Open Param.sfo of update folder and write in some place app_ver and Version. Open param.sfo of our PS3_GAME and 1.change DG to HG.
2. Change app_ver to the values we wrote of the update
3. Change Version to the values of update
4. Click save. Change PS3_GAME folder to the name of our update folder with GAME at the end example (BLES00404GAME). Copy both folders (BLES00404 and BLES00404GAME) to game folder of True Ancestor Backup Retailer. Step 1,3,S Good Luck!

If someone may try my method, please leave some comments.
I say that use Kiosk firmware for install LICDIR games and if it runs use reverter

The method is from a spanish blog ElOtroLado.
So basically this is the method that i used for Call of Juarez and should use for NFS: Undercover. Regardless thanks for sharing it with me. I'm going to give it a try right now. :)

I was unable to get COD:WAW to start before but i got it working by following the steps you sent. I can confirm that it also works with the BLES00354 version of the game. Thanks for sharing the method

I edited 0x14F.

Sorry for the double reply but i just wanted to confirm this method worked. I think i've done this before without success but it works now. So thanks! :)
Thanks, I updated my post with that as I see catalinnc did also yesterday. ;)
I was unable to get COD:WAW to start before but i got it working by following the steps you sent. I can confirm that it also works with the BLES00354 version of the game. Thanks for sharing the method
Also thanks for your confirmation on the steps for COD: WAW working. :tup:

We have a PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility List and steps for Games Running on OFW 4.75-4.81, ideally at some point we should make a list (similar to THESE) for 4.81 OFW working game mini-guides, or something easier than searching through threads... especially as they keep getting longer. :confused:

We have a PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility List and steps for Games Running on OFW 4.75-4.81, ideally at some point we should make a list (similar to THESE) for 4.81 OFW working game mini-guides, or something easier than searching through threads... especially as they keep getting longer. :confused:

Well i think we should categorize them by the methods used. But i like the idea of having a post dedicated to games that you can install by only having an OFW console. Sadly its just the methods explained that are probably already up online somewhere.

Thanks, I updated my post with that as I see catalinnc did also yesterday. ;)

Also thanks for your confirmation on the steps for COD: WAW working. :tup:

We can do a list with one method. We out the games working with that method and we do other list with exclusive methods like the COD: WAW method

I dont have my ps3 here can anyone please try injecting games with licdir using kiosk firmware? (With updates and param.sfo edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back