Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 22, 2018 at 10:46 PM       222      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recent PS4 Barthen Method for getting newer games running with PS4HEN, some forum members including @SkysTheLimit, @Goldenboy22 and @Picalo would like to open a discussion of theories on how newer PlayStation 4 game dumps can become playable on exploited 4.05 Firmware consoles. :unsure:

We'll use this as an ongoing discussion thread for those who'd like to share their insight and research into getting newer PS4 games with Minimum Firmware Versions above 4.05 OFW dumped and running, which according to Mathieulh is currently the BEST PS4 Firmware to be on as 1.76 is now considered outdated since the 4.05 exploit chain from SpecterDev with popular 4.05 exploit forks and experiments by IDC alongside the PS4 Exploit Host by Al Azif. (y)

Here are links to some current theories from the Barthen Method topic:
Finally, below are some other PS4 MEME and Tweets making rounds on Twitter today:
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS and @SSShowmik for tips in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :beer:
Discussion of Theories for Newer PS4 Games on 4.05 Firmware.jpg

Comments

In theory we have to have the game loaded so maybe having it open with the "update fw to play" pop up open we can dump newer games and then afterwards change param.sfo just my thoughts. So it would be nice to see if once clicked on the game does the game show up in sandbox.

Regardless it we can play it or not. So we can dump. I my self tried to dump cod infinite warfare many times and only got 10 gig dump. I'm doing something wrong and haven't tried with the new software maybe will try Swif army knife next time

even if scene has very talented dev with smarter mind than mine, i think this is quite difficult to be achieved, otherwise the main page of psxhax would "ps4 permanently hacked". If people that are in possess of private an ultra private exploit wil be able to dump and decrypt ps4 games, then we will be able to run +4.05 games

Modify of. param. sfo. is not. sufficient to spoof. games.. it will be patched eboot. and some. other files to spoof games. to. 4.05
Remember ps3. games over 3.55? modify only param and game have error

and beta firmware not go back at 4.05...

Another thing that i was thinking...AND IF WE CREATE A FW5.xx APP??

Let me explain better...i don't know if you remember the GOOD OLD DAYS of PSP SCENE where there is an HEN that first LOADED a THEN PERMIT THE EXECUTION OF A TEMPORARY CF.

If i remember correctly, also in that case the developers didn't modify the IPL of 3000 models....if i understand correctly we have a similar problem with SAMU for the PS4 (or in part from what i've read)
I ask developer is this possible? Or another FOOL THEORY?? :bananaman13:

We than can use the temporary firmware to dump/modify games....

PS: Thanks to @PSXHAX for creating this THREAD....this will be heaven for me...:D:D:D

Someone (Russian_guy) got private 5.XX xpolit; may be they are waiting for right time

Anybody remember "Three Musketeers" ?

My theory is that the ppl who dumped HZD will not share the method because there is no incentive to do so & want to keep it pvt. The scene should be about sharing knowledge & understanding on these methods not keeping it quiet.

@SSShowmik my thoughts exactly , either they used qwertyiuop hints and ported the new expolit so fast or they have found a new method of decrypting a games without running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back