Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter SnakePlissken       Start date May 11, 2018 at 12:33 PM       34      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a Doom PS4 homebrew game in Unity for PlayStation 4.

More information soon, only works on 4.55 OFW. In time, the apps main goal is to load Doom wads directly.

Download: PlisskenDooM-v0.4.pkg / Brutal PS4 DooM.pkg

Spoiler: Depreciated

Update: PlisskenDooM v0.2 loads .wad file directly for unity to build gameobjects and the world around the player.

General documentation and directions are to come very soon. I would also like to see this open for modding so documentation for that, as well as unity project files are on there way.

Doom PS4 Homebrew Game PKG in Unity by SnakePlissken.jpg

Comments

I have corsair m&k and it did not work. I'll wait for a future update. Corsair strafe and corsair simitar, no go.

Please don't post this on the OP as I will most likely delete it in a week or so. 4.55 test. Showing it asking for 4.7 update. Plugging in M&K at the end of the video (last few minutes) only to have that not work either. Boring video I get that.

nice, but the ED1633-NPXX51362_00-0000000000000000-A0100-V0100.pkg gives me the message you must update the system to 4.70 or later

Just a heads up; again: make sure you have a standard mouse and keyboard connected to your ps4 and recognized by the ps4 at the main menu, this can be acknowledged by seeing the mouse and keyboard logo appear when at the ps4 main menu, after plugging in the keyboard/mouse. Then start he game.

I'm working on this and another unity project so there will be some time between updates. The next update to ps4 DooM will some controller support, aswell as making documentation and the project file available to others.

Version 1 of this game should be considered broke. Please use version 2 for a full experience.

I'm not sure why it prompts some people about a update, wile others including myself do not experience this. I'm looking into it. In meantime there's no worries or threat to you, you won't (shouldn't) be forced into a update by using this because you use a homebrew enabler that disables updating. Plus I think it just prompts the user and he user can ignore.

As shown in my video the ps4 recognized the mouse and keyboard. however neither worked in doom. just fyi. The corsair keyboard is recognized in Mac OSX natively and Linux (pi3) just fine.

I tried plugging in then powering on PS4, nothing. I'm hoping you get controller controls back as it seems like corsair mouse or keyboard don't work and there are lots off people with these keyboards...

well thats very interesting. the only thing to explain it is: "some ps4 models dont work with mouse and keybord in game" the two ps4's i tested it with worked just fine, so did a friends, yet at the same time i have MasterTurkey (and other people? i'll check the thread again) state that there keyboard and mouse dose not work in game.

well no worrys. I'll be releasing a update of this tomorrow that has controller support. sorry for the wait.

UPDATE V0.4
"Now with PS4 Controller Support!"

NOTE: Controller sensitivity may be to high and the deadzone may be to off. Controller input mapping and configuration WILL be updated in the future.

There are two releases this time. regular PS4 DooM, and Brutal PS4 DooM alpha v0.1.

General Features:
  • Controller Support
Brutal PS4 DooM Features:
  • Blood Spraying Effect added to Gunshot wounds
  • Dynamic Lights have been mounted to Imp's Fireball explosion, and to Blood droplets
DOWNLOAD LINKS:

PS4 DooM:
Brutal PS4 DooM:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back