Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today @Codsworth let us know about an ESP Host project he's been working on, and shared a guide on a simple way to serve PS4 payloads using the ESP8266 Wifi Module board with at least 4 MB flash. ;)

Download: esphost.bin / esphostmulti.bin / esphostmulti405.bin / GIT

Here's all the details from the README.md: ESP Host

Today I show you a simple way to serve payload using the ESP8266.

Benefits of using the ESP8266:
  • Extremely low cost hardware, available worldwide
  • Ability to run 24/7 via USB, self-hosted payload, no external apps or programs required
  • Completely block all updates
  • No need for custom DNS server or settings, features automatic redirect
  • Easy to program and update via USB
  • Very low power consumption
Requirements:
Payloads included in esphost.bin
  • VORTEX HEN 1.4
Payloads included in esphostmulti.bin
  • HEN
  • HEN+VR
  • FTP
  • DUMPER
  • BACKUP
https://github.com/pearlxcore/ps4-playground-455

Instructions:

Flash esphost.bin using the following command:
Code:
sudo esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x00000 0x400000 ./esphost.bin
  • After flashing completes, connect to "PS4-WIFI" using "easy setting" then go to [Settings] > [User Guide]
NOTE: Windows users must use the appropriate com port when flashing with esptool.py

NOTE2: Users can optionally flash using the GUI version of ESPTool

Compatible boards:

These are the most popular ESP8266 boards, but any esp8266 with 4M flash or larger will work.
Updates (via Codsworth)
  • More stable payloads , no memory errors or reloading pages
  • Updated esp-host to include payloads from ps4-playground
  • Added file compression - save space and serve payloads quickly.
  • Upgraded payload index to a better design thanks to pearlxcore
To-Do
  • Add ability to upload files/payloads
Notice and credits

Credit should be given to original authors of payloads - you know who you are.

How to run PS4 exploit offline using ESP-12E (ESP8266)
PS4 with ESP8266 7 seconds for the hen + playground
ESP Host Serve PS4 Payloads Using the ESP8266 Guide by Codsworth.jpg

Comments

@Codsworth
I have a couple of the ESP8266 from Amazon that you linked but I want to get the ESP32 as it seems to have alot of potential. Are there ESP32 brands that are more compatible than others?

@Cris Modzzz

thanks and i need to compile the bin which is easy , i've just been testing to make sure all is good , will be i guess "releasing" tomorrow. but if you want to take it for a spin tonight you can! I have 2 versions, the complete one which is for those who are hosting files on a pc or phone...etc and the basic, which is designed for the ESP8266... here are the pics...i think you can figure out which is which. ;) btw, the total of all image files in the complete version is less that 500kb... this includes , backgrounds, icons...etc ...

in the basic version its less than 100kb..

basic for ESP8266

exploitkmz455_basic.jpg

Full version :

exploitkmz455.jpg

I did some basic animation stuff, just messin' around really really basic stuff lol... if hosting on a pc or something else don't know if small footprint animations will interfere, didn't test just wanted to see how it looked

Nice work Zoilus, my custom playground It's already done but I think I'll save it for myself, lol.

With so much images your playground is not slow to load the payloads?

@Cris Modzzz thanks. and no its not , it loads instantly. The full one is being hosted by my pc so its quick and ps4's resources are not like the ps3's it has a bit more punch. I tested on my phone and it was quick too (over 5G wifi of course)

But what you see looks like a lot but its an "illusion". all that color and all those images don't even use up 500kb.. and that includes the background, so not even half of 1mb! Yet they look bright and colorful with lots going on.

Also NONE of the images with the exception of the background, are in the server files, so there's no need for them to get called on and loaded, instead they are "built" /coded into the index html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back