Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Jack987       24      
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been reports in the past of Progskeet v1.0 / v1.1 bugs... according to their official forum there is no feature differences between v1.2 and v1.21 (latest) just the PCB layout, but their more recent bitstreams are for v1.2 / v1.21.

If you are considering a Progskeet it can't hurt to try their Live support page before ordering anything... I took a quick peek and a lot of sites are either out of stock, low on stock, or no longer carry them so it may be easier to source a Teensy these days.

If anyone has experience using a Progskeet first-hand, feel free to reply here with some feedback thanks! :)

The progskeet 1.2/1.21 is junk and i have 2 of them and i have gotten one of them to work once. Stay away from the 1.2 and the 1.21. I would look into getting a 1.1 from someone. There is someone that will take the progskeet 1.2/1.21 and turn it into the 1.1. I would go with the teensy 2.0++ they are cheaper and just as easy to use. thanks
Hello all,

Well, I haven't given up. The wire gauge I'm using is thicker then that of an IDE cable. I'm sure of my soldering connections as well. Something I'm going to do is get another Teensy because a solder point (hole) had broken loose last resolder job and I repaired it as best I could but don't like it. I took an ohm meter to the solder point of the PS3 and to the atmel on the Teensy and it shows no resistance. It's connection C7 on the Teensy thats broken.

After doing all of this, I still get a flashing red light scenario and of course nothing being found by the Teensy when connected to PC and powered on.

As for the suggestion of software to use, i downloaded the software pkg suggested as well. I've looked at and have taken ALL suggestions given and I'm still not any closer to resolution. I'm wondering if the flash chip, for lack of the more technical term right now, is fried for some reason as racer00018 mentioned. I have the tools to do remove and replace it but, not the hands or eyes to be able to deal with it i don't think.

I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. If there's anyone out this way that may want to meet up and help with this, I'd be very grateful for the assistance.

Thanks again and I'm NOT giving up just yet.

Question: I've been Googling some and I'm wondering if a Progskeet might help me instead of Teensy? But which Progskeet is better? 1.21 or 1.0?

I dont live anywhere near there but i can always take a look at it if you would like. You would just have to send it to me. I have the stuff to reball the machine as well as all the stuff to downgrade the system if that is what it needs.

Also on a side note, do not get the 1.21/1.2 progskeet, they are junk and you will have some many problems with them. I would stay with the teensy that you have or find someone that has a 1.1 that would be willing to sell. There is also a person that will take a 1.2/1.21 and turn it into a 1.1. But for sure stay away from them. I have no idea why they made the 1.21/1.2 because the 1.1 worked great. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back