Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 3, 2018 at 4:13 AM       82      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recent PS4Cheater homebrew app and the previously reported PS4 Sealedkey / pfsSKKey for PlayStation 4 savegame and trophy data decryption charlyzard (Twitter) of PSNCompare.com shared PS4SaveDataDecryptingTools in what he calls "just the first steps" of free and open-source PS4 SaveData Decrypting Tools in development utilizing PS4DumpSealedKeyAndSecret and PS4DecryptSaveDataKey! :ninja:

Download: PS4SaveDataDecryptingTools-master.zip / GIT

Below are some preliminary details from the README.md, to quote: PS4SaveDataDecryptingTools
  • PS4DumpSealedKeyAndSecret
Just dumps to USB the sealed key and secret as shown here:

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Keys#Sealed_Key_Values
  • PS4DecryptSaveDataKey
Working code based on the wiki code:

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Sealedkey_/_pfsSKKey

Put the encrypted PFS key you want to decrypt in your first USB drive and name it pfskeyencrypted

This payload spits out a decryptedSaveDataKey.bin file on your USB

Thanks to @Thibobo for the heads-up on Twitter of the news earlier today! (y)
Free PS4 SaveData Decrypting Tools in Development by Charlyzard!.jpg

Comments

Hello, I have a PS4 Slim 500GB 4.05 on which I changed the hard drive with the integrated backup. On 1To, no worries, I recovered all my saves and even the trophies I took by FTP. Everything went smoothly!

Then I bought a PS4 Pro 1TB in 4.55 and that's when the trouble started! Indeed, I have made a backup of my saves and trophies as before and the PS4 Pro lets me do the transfer but when I come back to the XMB, my profile is present but the saves are corrupt and my trophies fade as soon as I add them by FTP, the same for the saves.

I do not have a PSN account and my consoles have never been connected. My profile is the basic one (User1) on both consoles. I noticed that the name of the folder / user / home / XXXX is not the same on both consoles.

In fact, I think that the saves are only compatible by firmware version because it seems to me that the Save Wizard works a little in the same way (in their forums, I see they must choose a save depending on the firmware).

Do you think that if I pass my Slim in 4.55 then I make a backup of my saves, it will pass on the Pro? I do not really want to spend it in 4.55 for nothing ...

Thank you in advance for your answers.

cordially

So if I use this tool the save file be decrypted and easy to understand its binary (I want to hexedit some values: TP medals for Xenoverse 2)? Can someone please tell me if it is possible yet?

@mschumacher69
What if I have a PS4 user signed in to PSN? I mean, I have PSN account 'activated' when I bought the console, but currently I'm on 4.55 OFW with jailbreak working.

If I need to change HDD, will the PS4 backup option 'take' the savedata and load them on the new 'offline' account I'm going to create on the new HDD?

@FrankG12 no you can never restore savedata to a new account, it has to be the same account.

You have to use the PS4's built in backup and restore utility to backup everything (users, savedata, etc...), change your HDD and then restore your data. This can be done offline as long as it's the same console.

@mschumacher69
So, if I use ps4 built in backup, will my savedata be fine?
I'm on the same console, the only difference is that currently I'm on a user that had been 'signed-in' to PSN one year ago, just one time.
Now I'm afraid that on the new HDD the savedata won't be transferred.

If you use the PS4's backup and restore utility to backup your data and restore it on a different HDD on the same console, all your data (including savedata but excluding trophies) will be restored.

@mschumacher69 Thanks for the answer. :)
Can I ask you one last question? Is it possible to change the user name that appears in the PS4 main menu with Debug Menu? I'm on 4.55 and I have the name that I have put on PSN account, is it possible to change it, for example, with Multi user option?

Or

Is it possible to transfer savedatas from a 'signed-in' user to an offline user in the same console, on the same HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back