Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 developer @XVortex kicked us out of the kitchen by announcing that his PKG Kitchen is no longer needed, and introduced his latest GP4 Generator all-in-one utility called GenGP4 which combined with the FTP server is everything you need to dump PlayStation 4 games including a more reliable tree-decrypting method alongside shorter instructions below! :D

Download: gengp4.exe / gengp4.zip (641 KB) / ps4-dumper.bin / GIT

To quote: "No more .pkg extraction, .pfs extraction, file merging etc. FTP server dumps the game to HDD folder, then gp4gen sanitizes this folder and generates the .gp4."
GP4Gen (Replaces PKG Kitchen) by XVortex, PS4 FTP via Webpage.jpg

To quote from @XVortex's condensed guide on using GenGP4:

1) Turn on the console, insert disc (or run psn title), install all game patches;
2) Plug-in the USB stick, run the ps4-dumper payload (.bin or standalone);
3) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
4) Wait till completion. When the process is finished the lights stop blinking
and console will shutdown automatically (it is normal, not a panic shutdown);
5) Turn on your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
6) On PC: Plug-in the USB Stick, then open gengp4.exe, point into CUSAxxxxx dir
and press Generate .GP4, You should get the 'Done.', then press Save .GP4;
7) Open .gp4 in the orbis-pub-gen and build .pkg file
(You can get the orbis-pub-gen tool via PKG_Fake_Generator);
8) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
9) Enjoy.

GenGP4 (Replaces PKG Kitchen) by XVortex, PS4 FTP via Webpage.jpg

Comments

Hi all, a few days ago I tried my own dump for uncharted 4 (USA, UP9000-CUSA00341), I am using latest vtx dump 1.6 (ps4-dumper.zip) and everything seems to dump fine. ps4 turned off. The size is a bit bigger than the original. And I use option split=3 (separate game and update). And each folder generated gp4 correctly. I use it to create pkg, and the two pkg (game and update separately) created successfully.

Now when I install, they both installed successfully. But when I start the game with latest hen, the game hang in the start page (the first background). Normal (with disc) it takes 10 sec then it will go into Sony logo. Anyone know what I did wrong? (I did multiple tries, and I noticed sometime the file size are different. I don't know why, or am I doing anything wrong)

@Chronoss09 i posted Heisenberg dump for Battlefield Hardline, i'm not dev/coder i don't know how you see what's wrong in a pkg based on a gp4 file, i think you better need to check logs of orbis-pub-gen when you build the pkg insteed to see what's wrong, did you try to dump only base game with latest ps4 dumper and gengp4, make sure disc is scratch free and clean

@wwywong it is common for Uncharted 4 to hang on the start screen, it happens with all releases (DUPLEX, 73n1x69...). Usually waiting for a minute works, but if it hangs longer reboot your PS4 and try again.

@alexandre47 Obviously not :D

But it would have been interesting to compare files/fpkg with your private release to identify the source of this bug. Perhaps it's just the zero file size known bug on older version of ps4 dumper. It could serve in other case.

I don't know if dumpers have different approach, how they implement dumper payload and have some trick and tips to do their tedious job. In some case, that seems not just as simple as to use ps4 dumper and fake pkg generator.

I think it would be win-win for current and upcoming dumpers to share and centralize each other's experience. Some methodology have been recorded somewhere in this thread and in PS4HEN PKGs section ;)

It would be nice to have a dedicated thread where relevant informations could be compiled in an OP ... and where we could explained some other important points like how to manage updates.

Could we open a new thread here or in PS4HEN PKGs section. If possible i propose to manage the OP with moderators like @mschumacher69 if he's interested :)

@tooretoo42 what i can tell you is 73n1x69 pkg is the same size as mine so no 0 size file in his dump, the differences between the 2 are the Tools used, 73n1x69 used ps4 dumper v1.3 and gengp4 v1.6.2, i used ps4 dumper v1.6 and gengp4 v1.7

@wwywong I had this same problem multiple times when trying to dump my own copy of Uncharted 4. The way I was able to over come the issue was by allowing the game to fully install to the Internal HD and allowing the game to boot to actual game play. (Opening boat scene) I then dumped and repacked the game. I have had ZERO issues with launching past the title screen since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back