Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 developer @XVortex kicked us out of the kitchen by announcing that his PKG Kitchen is no longer needed, and introduced his latest GP4 Generator all-in-one utility called GenGP4 which combined with the FTP server is everything you need to dump PlayStation 4 games including a more reliable tree-decrypting method alongside shorter instructions below! :D

Download: gengp4.exe / gengp4.zip (641 KB) / ps4-dumper.bin / GIT

To quote: "No more .pkg extraction, .pfs extraction, file merging etc. FTP server dumps the game to HDD folder, then gp4gen sanitizes this folder and generates the .gp4."
GP4Gen (Replaces PKG Kitchen) by XVortex, PS4 FTP via Webpage.jpg

To quote from @XVortex's condensed guide on using GenGP4:

1) Turn on the console, insert disc (or run psn title), install all game patches;
2) Plug-in the USB stick, run the ps4-dumper payload (.bin or standalone);
3) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
4) Wait till completion. When the process is finished the lights stop blinking
and console will shutdown automatically (it is normal, not a panic shutdown);
5) Turn on your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
6) On PC: Plug-in the USB Stick, then open gengp4.exe, point into CUSAxxxxx dir
and press Generate .GP4, You should get the 'Done.', then press Save .GP4;
7) Open .gp4 in the orbis-pub-gen and build .pkg file
(You can get the orbis-pub-gen tool via PKG_Fake_Generator);
8) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
9) Enjoy.

GenGP4 (Replaces PKG Kitchen) by XVortex, PS4 FTP via Webpage.jpg

Comments

I have no problem with my Uncharted 4 CUSA-00917 EUR (the one with german DUB files), no hangs so far...

I would upload it but my upload is only 300-400 Kilobytes per second....

@alexandre47 If the pkg size is the same, it doesn't necessarily mean there are no 0 size files in there. @XVortex did mention once that the whole pkg file size is allocated first and then filled with data, so having the same pkg size doesn't necessarily mean one of them doesn't have 0 byte files.

I don't want to disappoint, but I am actually using latest dumper. I waited more than a minute. In fact more than 15 min. So I give up. I think must be some files are either zero byte or corrupted when dumping. And since the ps4 shut down correctly there is no way to know whether the dump fail some of the file somewhere along the 2-3 hour of dump.

I dump multiple times and it give me multiple sizes, so I assume the files are not dump completely even the whole process finish. I dont have that big hdd to compare 2 dumps as each time takes 60-70 GB to dump the uncharted 4 + update.

have you tried letting the game fully install onto the PS4 and then launching the game until you get to actually game play? (meaning past the title screen and main menu) and then dumping the game?

I kinda waited for a while (not go into the game immediately after putting in the disc) I think I see the bar go full in the icon in the menu before I go in. And I make sure I am in the main screen (the one with the skull/skeleton) and waited a while there too. I am not sure how long I am supposed to wait.

After inserting the disk and launching the game you will be taken to the main menu screen (skeleton in the cage) you should let the game FULLY install. This can take a while (Hint) you will not be able to select the multiplayer option until the game FULLY installs. There should be a install percentage indicator on screen.

Once the install indicator hits 100% it will disappear. You should then start the Single player campaign and wait until you you are driving the boat. At this point hit the menu button and then dump the game.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

i have a question, lets say i have a pkg now, can i extract param.sfo from it? is there a way to access param.sfo from a package? or any package viewer tool?

@XVortex and dumpers, merging updates are really problematic and are really not a lasting way. I already explained that in several posts and i'm sorry to insist. 4.55 Holy Grail make possible to apply more recent updates. But there may be side effects updating a merged base because the reference is no more retail disk. We should encourage dumpers to keep base as close as possible to retail disk and to separate updates. It would be great to have this option by default (y)

Many thanks to you and all others awesome devs :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back