Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 developer @XVortex kicked us out of the kitchen by announcing that his PKG Kitchen is no longer needed, and introduced his latest GP4 Generator all-in-one utility called GenGP4 which combined with the FTP server is everything you need to dump PlayStation 4 games including a more reliable tree-decrypting method alongside shorter instructions below! :D

Download: gengp4.exe / gengp4.zip (641 KB) / ps4-dumper.bin / GIT

To quote: "No more .pkg extraction, .pfs extraction, file merging etc. FTP server dumps the game to HDD folder, then gp4gen sanitizes this folder and generates the .gp4."
GP4Gen (Replaces PKG Kitchen) by XVortex, PS4 FTP via Webpage.jpg

To quote from @XVortex's condensed guide on using GenGP4:

1) Turn on the console, insert disc (or run psn title), install all game patches;
2) Plug-in the USB stick, run the ps4-dumper payload (.bin or standalone);
3) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
4) Wait till completion. When the process is finished the lights stop blinking
and console will shutdown automatically (it is normal, not a panic shutdown);
5) Turn on your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
6) On PC: Plug-in the USB Stick, then open gengp4.exe, point into CUSAxxxxx dir
and press Generate .GP4, You should get the 'Done.', then press Save .GP4;
7) Open .gp4 in the orbis-pub-gen and build .pkg file
(You can get the orbis-pub-gen tool via PKG_Fake_Generator);
8) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
9) Enjoy.

GenGP4 (Replaces PKG Kitchen) by XVortex, PS4 FTP via Webpage.jpg

Comments

im having no luck with this payload, your old payload worked great for ftp function, but now i get absolutely no connection going to either of those 2 web site examples. i even tried IDC web page, with sending your payload, no combination of scenarios is giving me ftp access anymore. this is very disappointing that i cant participate and i have the same hardware as everyone else doing this.

so i was able to get this exploit working finally, but it required me hosting the exploit myself on a web server, also please note that when you see FTP active, click ok, because thats not mentioned and i just minimized and went on with my business and the FTP refused connection.

I would recommend changing the details of where it says FTP active to: FTP is now active click ok to ensure your able to connect to the FTP, something along these lines, the directions are always lacking a detail or two, guys try not to rush when writing it you know how it works the rest of us wont until we see it happen 1 time.

This method won't work for me! The dump process starts but it dumps until my external hdd is out of storage. A game with ~ 12 GB raises up to 80 GB an more ... I think there is maybe a bug in the ftp payload.

The old method with pkg kitchen v1.3 works very well for me.

Using filezilla and (and recommend settings of one transfer at a time) I connect and send server command "DUMP CUSAxxxx" I see dumping in top window but nothing in my que or file transfer. Is this like a hidden transfer or will I see the transfer in the transfer window.

Where does the tutor say plug in a external HDD?

Filezilla doesnt Show any Progress ...
But you can hopefully See your usb Stick leds blinking...
If the Stick doesnt have LEDs then look at /mnt/usb0 for the progress

If a file apears like CUSAxxxxx.complete then all Files were dumped
Also Note again: it is Not exactly "CUSAxxxxx" BUT !!! something between "CUSA00001" and "CUSA99999" concerning the correct Number of your Game ...
For example "CUSA01836" for deus-X

@XVortex: million thx for this tool... Using an Usb Stick an the gengpg Tool is the most fastest an reliable way to rip games an easy way

This takes quite a bit longer than previously, also guys when your looking through you will notice some files @ 0 bytes, im waiting to see if thats a dumping error or file placeholders. will report back. the 0 byte files seem to mainly be the prx files etc that required some actual decryption perhaps.

Alright it dumped completely, i'm moving forward with package creation. now, will update very shortly.

CBnXFg-vRVeZQKorKw1FGA.png

These warnings are present after dumping via this method, the implication is the eboot.bin wasnt processed correctly.. but lets see.

it should work as batman 3 gave me same error and it works..

@XVortex you should add "having a exfat formatted usb in the left usb port" in the quick tutorial, if i hadnt read a previous article and the comments below i would have never known.

"dumping now" and i can see the files in mnt/usb0 so its working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back