Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Nintendo       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 9, 2016 at 10:37 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Haxchi v2.0 (video) persistent WiiU hack, today rw-r-r_0644 shared a simple guide on hacking Nintendo's Wii U console using the WiiuBru Go Jailbreak online site which requires no PC and can be done in less than a minute! :giggle: <3 ;)

Check it out below, to quote: Hack Your Wii U in Less Than 1 Minute Without a Computer Guide

Requirements:

• A WiiU connected to internet :p
  • An SD Card (any sd card is fine)
Instructions:

1. Plug an SD into your WiiU
2. Visit http://wiiubru.com/go on your Wii U and press continue; this will load the Homebrew Appstore (loading times may vary in base of you internet connection; if it takes more than 2 minutes your WiiU is probably crashed, so reboot it and try again)
3. Download the Homebrew Launcher and the apps you wish to have (remember to thank vgmoose for Homebrew Appstore)
4. Done! You can now launch the Homebrew Launcher (with the SD Card plugged in) by visiting http://wiiubru.com/x (or http://loadiine.ovh choosing Homebrew Launcher 1.3 package) on your WiiU's browser every time you want to use homebrews ;)
  • Github - Source Code of elf loader from internet (mostly based on dimok work)
Credits:
  • Cybernatus - php mp4 script (that make launching homebrew possible!) was made by him and was stolen from Kafluke's AIO self-hosting pack
  • vgmoose - Homebrew Appstore and much help
  • pwsincd - Hosting the homebrew
  • dimok - Loadiine sd loader code and dynamic libs
  • brienj - Help and code snippets
  • QuarkTheAwesome - LiteNESU (on which I based my curl code)
  • Marionumber1 - Kernel Exploit
The Wii Mini has been hacked, thanks to a vulnerability in Broadcom's Bluetooth stack. I repeat. The Wii Mini has been hacked. Fullmetal5, the maker of str2hax and FlashHax, hacked it. An exploit isn't publicly available yet, but this should be interesting.
BlueBomb: A Bluetooth exploit for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Wii Mini for homebrew!

Download: bluebomb.zip / GIT
Hacking Nintendo Wii U via WiiuBru Go Jailbreak Without PC Guide.jpg

Comments

I haven't read anything on that so perhaps not, but some are saying the 5.6.0 OFW update expected from the Big N soon will put the kibosh on this. :cry:

Maybe. I haven't used my wii u in a long time. I don't know why I got the thing. Hmm, might be something worth looking into, I know that there are some backup loaders out there for the wii u. also if I remember there is a homegrown channel out there somewhere. I'll message around with it in a few and let everyone know the use of it. thanks all

I am confused.. If I have Wii U for the first time. I just use this internet through Wii U to jailbreak it with HBL and you are ready to play backup Wii U games and vWii games?

The exploit is browser based, so it activates every time you browse to a website that triggers it, and deactivates on reboot. Since it requires the internet, you should use TubeHax DNS to block connections to Nintendo's update servers on the Wii U itself. Just set this IP address as your only DNS server on all internet connections on the Wii U 107.211.140.065.

With TubeHax DNS, you can still play online as long as your games are up to date. Tubehax goes down sometimes, so I would use the IP address of loadiine.ovh to trigger the exploit: http://37.187.56.116

If you are extra paranoid, you can also host the exploit on your local network, block all dns, or block Nintendo's update sites on your router:

nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
cbvc.nintendo.net

There is custom firmware, a boot exploit, and a persistent exploit too, which are the required ingredients for a permanent unpatchable hack, but thus far nobody has simplified the install for those, so they are risky with a chance of bricking. The browser based exploit is 100% safe aside from the risk of accidental update since it makes no permanent changes.

The exploit is browser based, so it activates every time you browse to a website that triggers it, and deactivates on reboot. Since it requires the internet, you should use TubeHax DNS to block connections to Nintendo's update servers on the Wii U itself. Just set this IP address as your only DNS server on all internet connections on the Wii U 107.211.140.065.

With TubeHax DNS, you can still play online as long as your games are up to date. Tubehax goes down sometimes, so I would use the IP address of loadiine.ovh to trigger the exploit: http://37.187.56.116

If you are extra paranoid, you can also host the exploit on your local network, block all dns, or block Nintendo's update sites on your router:

nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
cbvc.nintendo.net

There is custom firmware, a boot exploit, and a persistent exploit too, which are the required ingredients for a permanent unpatchable hack, but thus far nobody has simplified the install for those, so they are risky with a chance of bricking. The browser based exploit is 100% safe aside from the risk of accidental update since it makes no permanent changes.
Nothing really is 100% safe, something can and sometimes does go bad with these and you always run the risk of bricking the system. This just makes it a little safer. Please be careful when messing around with these systems, as there is a chance to mess it up. Thanks all and once I get around to playing with it more I'll let everyone know how it works out

I'm not a wii U person either, but if they treat the wii U like the 3DS, then this will probably be a thing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back