Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we saw Rejuvenate to run emulators, homebrew games and apps on PlayStation Vita, and today Yifan Lu announced that HENkaku is on the way that will bring homebrew to PS Vita / PSTV owners who are on PS Vita Firmware 3.60 or below! :D

Here are some recent Tweets on it:

From Yifan Lu's Blog comes a brief HENkaku intro, to quote:

"For the last couple of months, molecule (composed of I along with Davee, Proxima, and xyz) have been working hard to bring you an easy-to-use homebrew solution. The result is HENkaku (変革), the first HEN for the Vita."

Also from the official HENkaku Site:

HENkaku 変革

The revolution is here. Unlock your Vita and run unofficial games and applications.

What is HENkaku?

VitaDoom HENkaku is the first ever homebrew enabler for PS Vita and PSTV. It is akin to jailbreaking your iPhone or rooting your Android device.

Homebrew are games and other software not officially approved. For example, VitaDoom is a port of the classic game DOOM and mGBA lets you play Game Boy Advance ROMs. You can find more examples in the showcase.

Best of all, HENkaku is 100% free. No cost. No ads. No “donations”.

How do I get it?

Visit https://henkaku.xyz from the built-in web browser on your PS Vita and press the “Install” button to install HENkaku. You must do this every time you reboot the console–that is, every time you turn the console off and on again.

What are the requirements?

You need a PS Vita or PSTV running system firmware 3.60. Unfortunately, it is not possible to run HENkaku on any device running a higher firmware version and it is also not possible to downgrade your system firmware.

You also need a memory card (any size) with at least 10MB of free space. Internal memory on newer devices is currently not supported. In order to transfer homebrew to your device, you also need a FTP client for your computer. We recommend FileZilla. Finally, you need an internet connection to install HENkaku.

tl;dr:
  • Vita on firmware 3.60
  • Internet connection
  • FTP client on your PC
  • Memory card
:alert: It is important that you never update your Vita past 3.60 if you ever wish to use HENkaku now or in the future. If you do update, all your installed homebrew will no longer work and you cannot install any homebrew in the future.

Details and Support

More details and troubleshooting can be found in the usage guide. If you are a developer, please check out the developer guide and help contribute to the homebrew community.

Thanks to @mcmrc1 for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :cool:

Finally, if any of you run into HENkaku error C2-12828-1, here's a quick fix to try from wololo to quote:

Many people in our community have been running into error C2-12828-1 and here’s what some people recommend (don’t do all of those, try each one after the other and see what works for you:
  • Delete your cookies in the PS Vita Browser, then try again (thanks FallenLeader)
  • Try to turn off the Vita, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again and visit the HENkaku site again.
  • Try to start the PS Vita in Safe Mode (turn the Vita off, then press “R” button + PS button + Power button for 5 seconds while the vita is off) and use the rebuild database option format the memory card
  • Reset your Wifi settings
The consensus seems to be that rebooting your console should be the first thing you try, even if you have to try it several times before you try anything more “serious”. There is some level of instability in any hack, and it seems HENkaku is no exception :)

HENkaku.png

Comments

So they finally got native home brew... on vita. 3.60 since i don't follow the vita scene did the vita ever get fully hacked before? I'm sure one of my friends will know. I have one in mind too. :D i do however know that there was a sandbox exploit. @PSXHAX Well.. maybe you could tell me a bit more.

They did homebrew on Vita initially with Rejuvenate but as Yifan Lu mentioned it was a complicated and inconvenient method for end-users... this Henkaku method should be simpler and used by more sceners and devs ;)

Of course, it's still only a PS Vita... what would be REAL interesting is if someone RE'd the code like Yifan Lu challenged and found something 'useful' for PS4 :)

Don't too rush .. Give them time to explorer more..
Hope this HENKAKU would be next step for viTA and more viTA games release soon.

Games already soooooo expensive and it seem going to diE soon as no more new games coming ouT .. even FiFa 16 not relase and FiFa 17 not coming.

So hope they will release all viTA Games what they can release and aslo can play SSD Card or USB HDD which can store 2GB Hdd rather than SonY MC which hold few GB and MC aslo damnn exp..

Next step hope they can release PS4 Bootdisc aslo better and it might call -- LUKAKU :)

Cheers

The vita itself is an analog device till it uses networking the chip is complex n requires a secondary board to exploite it which is where the whole hidden signal is used.

Blackfin themselves are using the signal itself to lock into the system but the hw itself used for flashing runs over 2000 but is also used on ps4 n if any1 didn't notice blackfin hookups are also the same as the actual hw used to access the system.

There are a few ways of accessing it without utilizing the hw to get pinpoints on the system which we have bin working on to get drop points on how it fully works

http://www.ronetix.at/peedi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back