Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tutorial covers how to flash an ESP8266 device with a bin file using a windows PC for use on a PlayStation 4 console.

What you will need:
  • A ESP8266 with 4MB Flash
  • A Micro USB cable
  • A Windows PC
  • A Bin File containing ESP8266 Firmware
  • (A PS4 with Firmware 4.55 is required if you want to use RetroGamerFirmV3 !!!)
1- First download the correct drivers for your system, I got the driver for windows 8.1 you can find the right one HERE.

2- Download the correct Nodemcu-Pyflasher for your system. Im using the x64.exe, you can download it HERE if you do not know what one to download check in control panel (Control Panel\System and Security\System and look for System Type)

3- Then of course you will need a bin file to flash to your ESP8266. I will be using retrogamerfirmv3.bin to enable the web-exploit on a 4.55 PS4, but you should be able to flash any bin file using the same method. You can get RetroGamerFirmV3 HERE.

You could also flash your ESP8266 to be used as a Deauther to disconnect people from their wifi network you can find that HERE.

4- Install the correct driver for your system, run the installer, click next select "I accept the agreement" and next again, click finish.

5- Run NodeMCU-PyFlashe, select the serial port im using port 3, click browse and select your firmware.bin file you want to flash to your ESP8266, select your Baud Rate i'm using the fastest with no problems, you can try a lower speed if you like or if it will, select to erase flash by clicking "yes, wipe all data" not work, finally click flash NodeMCU, wait. You can see the progress in the program, one you see done that's it your ESP8266 is ready to use.

If you flashed the PS4_RetroGamerFirmV3 firmware to your ESP8266, on your PS4 go to Settings / Network / Set Up Internet Connection / WIFI / Custom / PS4_Wifi / IP = Auto / DHCP = Do Not Specify / DNS = Manual / Set Primary and Secondary DNS to: 10.10.10.1 / MTU = Auto / Proxy = Do Not Use.

Download: c0d3m4st4_ESP8266XploitHost_v2.2.zip (2.0 MB)
Download: c0d3m4st4_ESP8266XploitHost_v2.71.zip (2.8 MB)
Download: c0d3m4st4_ESP8266XploitHost_v2.81b.zip (5.4 MB)

Download: Draqen-Esp8266-fw455.bin (4.0 MB)

New version 1.10 for my bin esp8266 for fw 4.55:
  • Add new interface.
  • Add payload linux.
  • Add payload Only VR (No hen).
  • Add update payload hen.
  • Fix payload hen+VR
:alert: Note from matias3ds: Not all the USB cables are recognized for Esp2866, many of them will give power you will see the led light turn on and off but your computer wont recognized that the Esp2866 is connected, try with different cables !!!
How to Flash an ESP8266 PS4 Device on Windows Guide by GreenSmoke.jpg

Comments

@GreenSmoke , if I'm not on 4.55 but on 4.73 how can I use my ESP8266 board to update to 5.05? Your original post makes it seem like 4.55 is required for this to work... Thanks for any help

Here comes my new ESP8266 firmware for FW5.05

The following Payloads are included:

HEN v1.6
FTP v1.3
DUMPER v1.8
Mira+HEN
Blocker+FTP

The missing payloads will be added according to the publications,
as well as not listed payloads. These buttons are currently all linked to Mira + HEN.

Spoiler

When I was 4.55 I chose the update sooner and someone who is improving because DNS and password are different. It was troublesome to change to another

People who have the most reply when seeing threads are recommended

NOW my dream comes true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back