Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS3 Game Backups on OFW 4.70 guide, this method by me (Hibatullah Albatawy on YouTube) details how to make PS3 CFW games work on any PlayStation 3 OFW with a summary from @djurist located HERE.

Note that it needs two units of PS3 the CFW as the master and OFW as the target.

STEPS:

1. download GAME_CONVERT.rar
2. extract it to C:, it will be PS3>Game Convert>Convert.bat and make_npdata.exe
3. copy any PS3_GAME that have LICDIR folder in it, if it doesn't have then you have to find it yourself with LIC.DAT Generator online http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/lic.php#
4. paste it inside Game Convert folder, it will be PS3_GAME, Convert.bat, make_npdata.exe
5. double click Convert.bat, type NPxxxxxx, these x are your retail game id. for instance, the game id is BLES12345, then you must type NPEB12345.
6. wait untill it finishes its job
7. make a glass of hot cocoa
8. when it's done, you can see a new folder exist.
9. download the patch update for that game (BLES12345) and extract it. put the eboot.bin out of it. place it in NPEB12345/USRDIR/
10. create a folder named TEST on an external HDD (FAT 32)
11. copy NPEB12345 and BLES12345 (the extracted patch update), paste it into folder TEST.
12. on PS3 CFW 4.81, copy the two files into dev_hdd0/game..
13. do Rebuild Database
14. the game will be shown in XMB
15. turn on PS3 OFW 4.81 and plug an ethernet cable and connect it to PS3 CFW one.
16. on CFW, go to Settings> System Settings> Data Transfer Utitlity> pick number 1> say no> say no> waiting for transfer> enter
17. on OFW do the same way, but pick number 2, just wait till it gets questions for asking to format, hit yes and yes.
18. and transferring, happy waiting
19. drink your no longer hot cocoa
20. profit

TESTED GAMES:
PS3 CFW Games On OFW Console.jpg

Comments

ur the best #BLADE when it came in tutorials good explanation big help for some members in psxhax community group..... 2 thumbs up for me... hope more tutorials to come!
you can use version 1.09 update
metal gear phantom pain is no prob. for me but other games like the last of us always black screen... do u think the converter of the game have a problem to convert the game on cfw to ofw?

how to merge and split the files what converter need to sed to split it back and what files need to split on USDIR? any idea Master? ur help will be greatful to me
Last of us is a much straghtforward game and works perfect looks like your cfw copy of game is still not merged... some games for cfw were in split format because of 4gb limitation on fat32. So merge the files first and try conversion after that
hey are u guys ignoring me
For now none of the Prince of persia series will work by this method. Sorry
Is there any way to make more simple in Data Transfer Utility, so we can transfer only the game we wish to transfer, not the whole things in PS3 Master (CFW)?
No way ! Be happy with what we have today.
1. Metal gear pp
BLES02102 -Metal gear phantom pain + EP0101-BLES02102_00-MAINGAME00000000-A0109-V0101-PE_fw4.60 +KDW CFW2OFW
Converter latest version = Game starts, i see loading on top right corner and after sometime blank screen freeze..

Please help guys :(

That's is require much time to downloads. OK, I put Grand Turismo 6 for in task. So, I have another question about Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, does it need special method? 'cause I just got black screen.
white flag for that game... never touched it for months.

Metal gear pp BLES02102 -Metal gear phantom pain + EP0101-BLES02102_00-MAINGAME00000000-A0109-V0101-PE_fw4.60 +KDW CFW2OFW Converter latest version = Game starts, i see loading on top right corner and after sometime blank screen freeze..

ur the best #BLADE when it came in tutorials good explanation big help for some members in psxhax community group..... 2 thumbs up for me... hope more tutorials to come!

metal gear phantom pain is no prob. for me but other games like the last of us always black screen... do u think the converter of the game have a problem to convert the game on cfw to ofw?
i have the last of us work 100% !!! but mgs v photom pain black screen !
Metal gear pp BLES02102 -Metal gear phantom pain + EP0101-BLES02102_00-MAINGAME00000000-A0109-V0101-PE_fw4.60 +KDW CFW2OFW Converter latest version = Game starts, i see loading on top right corner and after sometime blank screen freeze..

i have the same problem !

So today i cleaned my PS3 Superslim to start filing it with games with my friends CFW PS3

Thanks to @albatawy, for sharing this great tutorial to PSXHAX users and DUMBASSES that want to make money from everything (even downloading a free rebug update to install on your PS3 so congrats to you guys you are douchebags) freely (y) you are awesome dude so i got some questions: :oops:

1- i want to install Alice Madness Return this game comes in disk and psn version and disk version does not have an update for so i downloaded the .PKG from psnstuff + .Rap file how can i install it to use it after DTU????
2- i like to have nfs mw 2005 PS2 but since mine is superslim and not backwards compatible to play retail PS2 disk i downloaded the PSN version + .Rap file from psnstuff so how to install it to use after DTU???
3- can i play online after installing games?

yeah i know so many questions sorry man (y)
Thank you PSXHAX for such a great community :bananaman13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back