Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS3 Game Backups on OFW 4.70 guide, this method by me (Hibatullah Albatawy on YouTube) details how to make PS3 CFW games work on any PlayStation 3 OFW with a summary from @djurist located HERE.

Note that it needs two units of PS3 the CFW as the master and OFW as the target.

STEPS:

1. download GAME_CONVERT.rar
2. extract it to C:, it will be PS3>Game Convert>Convert.bat and make_npdata.exe
3. copy any PS3_GAME that have LICDIR folder in it, if it doesn't have then you have to find it yourself with LIC.DAT Generator online http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/lic.php#
4. paste it inside Game Convert folder, it will be PS3_GAME, Convert.bat, make_npdata.exe
5. double click Convert.bat, type NPxxxxxx, these x are your retail game id. for instance, the game id is BLES12345, then you must type NPEB12345.
6. wait untill it finishes its job
7. make a glass of hot cocoa
8. when it's done, you can see a new folder exist.
9. download the patch update for that game (BLES12345) and extract it. put the eboot.bin out of it. place it in NPEB12345/USRDIR/
10. create a folder named TEST on an external HDD (FAT 32)
11. copy NPEB12345 and BLES12345 (the extracted patch update), paste it into folder TEST.
12. on PS3 CFW 4.81, copy the two files into dev_hdd0/game..
13. do Rebuild Database
14. the game will be shown in XMB
15. turn on PS3 OFW 4.81 and plug an ethernet cable and connect it to PS3 CFW one.
16. on CFW, go to Settings> System Settings> Data Transfer Utitlity> pick number 1> say no> say no> waiting for transfer> enter
17. on OFW do the same way, but pick number 2, just wait till it gets questions for asking to format, hit yes and yes.
18. and transferring, happy waiting
19. drink your no longer hot cocoa
20. profit

TESTED GAMES:
PS3 CFW Games On OFW Console.jpg

Comments

I take it your PS3 on OFW 4.81 isn't a model that the PS3Xploit currently supports, eh?

If not, any of the 'long thread' guides is probably worth trying and posting help issues in since many others got them working before to lend a hand if you get stuck.

The thing you have going for you is you have a second PS3 on CFW already, which is the obstacle many people run into here.

I sold my PS3 long before there were any PS3 OFW methods so not having first-hand experience with them recommending which is the 'better' guide is probably best left to someone else here.

That said, if anyone wants to jump in with their DTU guide recommendations go for it! :D

No. The OFW is a Super Slim CECH-4208C.

Do you at least have any pointers as to which consoles IDPS is supposed to be using? The OFW target console or the CFW?

I really don't follow the PS3 much these days as all my freetime is consumed on the PS4 developments... when I had a PS3 I never did anything overly techy such as messing with IDPS though. :confused:

There is always the Wiki or perhaps someone on a PS3 Reddit or Discord channel will provide live help and good luck (if it was me I'd trade or sell it for another PS3 model that runs CFW rather than spend the time and hassle with PS3 OFW methods).

Alright. Thanks for the help anyway.

Does anyone know what to do with games that come with an Update AND Fix for CFW consoles when using this method?
FIFA 17, 18
PES 17, 18

Should I use the FIX or just copy the original update EBOOT.BIN and go on as normal?

I had success and can confirm to work on FAT and SLIM models (no info about super slim) with these games:
  • Grand theft auto V
  • Need for speed Undercover
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
  • Test drive unlimited 2
  • Dirt 2
  • Grid 2
  • RAGE
  • Mortal kombat: Komplete edition
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Stuntman Ignition
  • Haze
  • Far Cry 3
  • Twisted Metal
  • Blur
  • Little big planet 2
  • Red dead redemption
  • Skate 3
  • And all c00 games
My question is: Does this exploit work n super slims and does this still work on 4.82 OFW?

All games should work, fw > 4.70 requires dtu method.

Does someone know how to make games work which don't have an official eboot.bin patch? (No update, no psn version available)

I had success and can confirm to work on FAT and SLIM models (no info about super slim) with these games:
  • Grand theft auto V
  • Need for speed Undercover
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
  • Test drive unlimited 2
  • Dirt 2
  • Grid 2
  • RAGE
  • Mortal kombat: Komplete edition
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Stuntman Ignition
  • Haze
  • Far Cry 3
  • Twisted Metal
  • Blur
  • Little big planet 2
  • Red dead redemption
  • Skate 3
  • And all c00 games
My question is: Does this exploit work n super slims and does this still work on 4.82 OFW?

Btw, I mentioned these games because they have update files and will not give a black screen or error in any way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back