Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 Playground for Firmware 3.55 and PS4 3.55 File Browser, today PlayStation 4 developer qwertyoruiopz made available a PS4 4.0x WebKit RCE Exploit dubbed JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x with details via Twitter below! :D

PS4 Link (click go 3 times): http://rce.party/ps4/ / local rce.rar (3 KB) via Nesterwork / Local RCE v2.rar (6 KB) via Nesterwork / Local rce v3.rar (12 KB) via Nesterwork

According to the developer's Tweets below, the bug used is a stack uninit read yielding UaF and the actual exploit does nothing but give you read/write/infoleak arbitrary JS object primitives.

He also confirmed the exploit won't work on PS4 4.50 as Sony updated WebKit past a vulnerable version unfortunately, but it's still an entry point for those on PlayStation 4 OFW 3.55 through 4.07. (y)

C8MRP_eXkAAwFYE.jpgThat said, if you give it a try on a PlayStation 4 under 4.50 and receive a ffff000000000539 error prompt it's expected output for the exploit's success.

Spoiler: Related Twitter Tweets
Cheers to @DarkElementPL, @DoxyMarket, @hyndrid, @ryan111, @toni1988 and @vettegast for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! <3
JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x PS4 4.0x WebKit RCE Exploit by Qwertyoruiop.jpg

Comments

I want to ask a thing : how did qwertyoruiop jailbreak his PS4 from Amsterdam? Because, he wrote on Twitter, that he was there from 11 to 21 of April, and he pwned his PS4 the 19.

Did he brought with him his MAGIC ps4 at the hotel? In his luggage, instead of the underpants? It's a FAKE! FAKE of the year! lol
This is really funny :bananaman: , may he have finished earlier :) :bananaman13: :ninja:

I want to ask a thing : how did qwertyoruiop jailbreak his PS4 from Amsterdam? Because, he wrote on Twitter, that he was there from 11 to 21 of April, and he pwned his PS4 the 19.

Did he brought with him his MAGIC ps4 at the hotel? In his luggage, instead of the underpants? It's a FAKE! FAKE of the year! lol
I am too coming to the conclusion that it was either fake or he does not intend to release it which results in the same outcome anyway. He has not delivered any proof besides images on twitter which just show some command line text. Anybody could print that to the console.

So I am gonna wait until someone releases something out of nothing and not talks about it and then doesnt take action. This may take as long as it does.

Or yknow, like whats been mentioned hes waiting for the Kernel exploit to be patched before releasing it. Releasing things so they hit the most firmwares possible on the most devices possible is always the best course for these things.

Who knows but im choosing to believe hes waiting for that reason.

Or yknow, like whats been mentioned hes waiting for the Kernel exploit to be patched before releasing it. Releasing things so they hit the most firmwares possible on the most devices possible is always the best course for these things.

I'm tired of believing... i believed in @racer0018 , and now this... aaaah, i'm just tired and this close to update my ps4 to the latest.

no it's not, its like releasing jailbreak for ps4 when it's no longer produced.. no reason to wait for kernel exploit to patched it is booking lame excuses to say so. just release it why hold it so faking stupid sentiments

no it's not, its like releasing jailbreak for ps4 when it's no longer produced.. no reason to wait for kernel exploit to patched it is booking lame excuses to say so. just release it why hold it so faking stupid sentiments
Could both be possible and id like the idea to wait until sony patches it to target more ofw versions. But as long as he keeps saying nothing specific i stick to he wont release or sony bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back