Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter g991       Start date Feb 9, 2018 at 6:21 PM       183      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Process Memory View is a cool little memory tool! Do not press backspace in the Hex View, it will delete a byte so when you poke it messes it all up.. idrc to fix it. If anyone wants it, I can make a much much better tool later.

Edit the ip file and change it to your PlayStation's ip address, make sure you have jkpatch loaded first. If your console goes into rest mode, then doing anything with RPC may crash it.

Download: memview-r4.zip (45.57 KB)

Look at the release page for payload.bin and kpayload.bin!

Use the send.sh bash script to easily send it to the console!

To be honest, this is not about the Memory View tool... This is about jkpatch! A little project I have been working on. I want the community to help me develop this, so please send some pull requests or open an issue!

The RPC networking is light speed! On LAN there is basically no latency.

Please help commit to my project!

https://github.com/xemio/jkpatch

And from the README.md: Jailbreak Kernel Patches

Spoiler

:arrow: Update: Here is a new version with a reboot function, peek/poke unlimited length, and save view bytes to file. Also the hex view will now prevent you from inserting/deleting bytes. Oh also the memory map view looks 100x better, and you can see all the mappings now.

JKPatch PS4 4.05 Jailbreak Kernel Patches, Process Memory View Tool.png

I have also build the latest version of librpc and jkpatch for you all:
https://github.com/xemio/jkpatch/releases/tag/1

golden <3

JKPatch PS4 4.05 Jailbreak Kernel Patches, Process Memory View Tool.jpg

Comments

does anybody know if it's possible to get online on PSN at least once? I have a ps4 slim and it's "hacked" but It has never had an account so every time I try to make one it says I have to update :(

@g991 I think there is a problem with aslr in 4.55, but i'm not sure.
For example... i found the address for metal shards in HZD. Changed the value, and it works... but when i refreshed the address to see the new value, the result it has nothing to do with the value i just changed... It seems the adresses keep changing after some time, so i'm having difficults in finding addresses.

Sometimes i can't find the value i want and other times, looking for the same value and in the same range of memory, i find it right away. Or maybe is the game and it has nothing to do with aslr??

So, i tried FFXV. In 4.05 i didn't have any problem finding values. But in 4.55 yes. For example, the address for money keep changing everytime i search for it. I writed an issue in github detailing more the problem.

@Weysincha
For what i see, the addresses change in something like a cycle. Goes forward and backward, so eventually, the value you searched will be back at the address you found. I think the change in the address is triggered for any change in memory. If the game change the memory, the address change. If you poke a new value, changing the memory, the address change, but before it changes, the new value is applied well.

The problem is, if the address change while you are searching for the value, you're going to get always zero results. For example... lets say your are looking for the money address. You have 153124 of money. That's a big number, so the chances are that you find it in the first try. You change the value and get 99999999 of money, so it work. Great. Who cares if the address change just after that and, in a while, it'll be back to the address you found. But what if you're looking for a small value.

If you have 213 of money... that's a small number. In your first search you're going to obtain a lot of results, so you need to make a "next scan". The problem is, when you do a next scan, the program search between the addresses you found in the first scan. However, if the address of the money change to another address not listed in your first scan, you're going to get zero results. That's why it become so difficult to find some values, and that's the problem :cry:.

@Pretinaverse
I never tried shards in HZD but I tried some other items. Sometimes there's an address containing the value of an item count but the address is only for a menu display. As soon as I close the menu the address will get garbage collected by the game. But there are also real actual addresses that keeps track of the actual item count. In my sessions I never had those "real" addresses change, (but it could also just mean I haven't played that much).

Everything changes when the game is restarted tho.

@fed
I succeeded in getting a lot of shard, sticks, meat, etc... the problem was, the addresses keep changing so, sometimes, even if i changed the value, nothing happened in the game, but just because when i poked the new value, the address for that material was in some other location and not in the address i get. But eventually i succeeded, saved the game and all the shard and material i changed are still there after closing and loading the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back