Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter nagaf73       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

nagaf73

Contributor
hi guys and girls i had the old ps1 and ps2 moded a long time ago and reaped the benifts of that for a long time past there sell by dates. then i wet to the dark side and got a 360 then xbox one but always wanted to go back and play the ps3 games i never had a chance to play so here i am now with a ps3 slim { 2003b} and it update number is 4.81

so as far as i have read on hear a few other places i cant just do a soft mod on this without flashing it back to 3.55 now there is web pages out there saying you can do on 4.81 but i would rather as the ppl doing this for a lot longer than me so any help would be welcome thanks

You pretty much did all the right research from the sound of things, and as the PS3 Models chart says it can be downgraded with a hardware flasher.

The reason you'll need to downgrade it first and a hardware flasher is required is because it's on 4.81 Firmware.. unfortunately Sony blocked installing CFW directly via softmodding above 3.55 OFW.

You can also look into the PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods if you don't plan to install CFW on it.

There are video guides on YouTube if you're good at soldering and don't mind taking apart the PS3 console.

As for where to get one, most find E3 NOR flashers on sites like Amazon or Ebay.. or you could try their official distributors list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back