Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered PS4 Pro Fan Noise Testing, a PS4 Fan Booster Payload and some PS4 Fan Control Payloads to adjust the PlayStation 4 fan speed and temperature... with the latest MiraTempReport PS4 Payload utilizing a special version of Mira (Updates) that reports the console temperature every minute via notifications from @zecoxao on Twitter crediting @LightningMods (Twitter) and @Al Azif (Twitter) for doing the fun stuff alongside some PS4 Temperature PKG updates via @Lapy (aka Lapy05575948 on Twitter). 🔥

Download: MiraTempReport.7z (172.44 KB - includes MiraTempReportByLMAndAlAzif.bin and MiraLoader.elf) / MiraLoader.elf (Mirror) / Live Demo / MUXI672 PRO Alpha / PS4 Xplorer 1.24 (includes APU temperature) / PS4 Temperature 1.0.pkg (64 MB) / PS4 Temperature 1.01 + Lapy.pkg (64.1 MB) / PS4 Temperature 1.02 + Lapy.pkg (64.1 MB) / PS4 Temperature 1.03-Lapy.pkg (75.8 MB) / PS4 Temperature 1.04.rar (45.6 MB - contains PS4 Temperature 1.04.pkg with 7.50 / 7.51 / 7.55 FW support) / LAPY20006.pkg / (48.13 MB - PS4 Temperature v1.06 PKG with 9.00 Support) / PS5 Temperature v1.00 PKG

Spoiler: Depreciated

And from the included Readme.txt:

Instructions:
  • Place MiraLoader.elf inside /user/ folder or in your USB device and connect USB device if not in /user/ folder
  • Launch MiraTempReport
  • Report your temperatures each minute of game time, from several games
Code:
u32 sceKernelGetCpuTemperature(u64 res);

u64 numb;
u32 ret = sceKernelGetCpuTemperature(&numb);
printf("sceKernelGetCpuTemperature returned %i\n", ret);
printf("TEMP %d°C\n", numb);
Code:
connected
sceKernelGetCpuTemperature returned 0
TEMPERATURE is 62 °C
sceKernelGetCpuFrequency returned 1.60 GHz

Spoiler: Related Tweets

Download: ps4fancontrol-1.0.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz / PS4FanControl GIT by Ps3itaTeam
Code:
Update psxitarch v2 27/03/21

First remove this pkg:
sudo pacman -R jwm-git
sudo pacman -Rc openobex

After open the file /etc/pacman.conf, change the repo from https://psxita.it/repo to https://psxita.it/repo-testing, update psxitarch with:
sudo pacman -Syu
Answer yes to all, when you get the message that some packages are corrupted because the keyring are outdated, answer no to "..you want delete the corrupted packages?", this should abort the upgrade of system.
To fix the corrupted packages just install archlinux-keyring with sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring
Now you can finally update the system and drivers with

sudo pacman -Syu && sudo pacman -S jwm
From Pastebin.com: PS4 Get CPU Clock Speed 9.00 Code
Code:
void cpuFrequency() {
    u64 v1;
    uint8_t* kernel_base = (uint8_t*)(__readmsr(0xC0000082) - 0x1C0);
    u64*(*devclass_find)(char*) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x38DEC0);
    u64(*devclass_get_device)(u64 a1, int a2) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x38E480);
    long long(*cpufreq_get)(u64 a1, int* a2) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x2830D0);

//long long(*sub_FFFFFFFFDDD46D90)(long long a1, long long *a2, long long a3) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x1FAD90);
    //u32(*cpufreq_pre_change)(u64 a1, int* a2, u64 unk) = (void*)(kernel_base + 0x282800);//change CPU clock speed, I tried 1866Mhz and It worked for me once & after using it again my PS4 crashed, Maybe I didn't use this function well?

//long long v30 = v1 + 8LL * (u8)(kernel_base + 0x1A6FC80);
    //long long v23 = sub_FFFFFFFFDDD46D90(*(u64*)(v1 + 2048), &v30, (long long)(kernel_base + 0x1A6FC80));
    u64* v0 = devclass_find("cpufreq");
    v1 = devclass_get_device((long long)v0, 0);
    cpufreq_get(v1, &freq);
    printf("CPU clock speed: %dMHz", freq);
    int mhz = 1600;
    int *v38 = &mhz;
    //cpufreq_pre_change(v1, v38, 1000LL);
}

int _main(void) {
kexec(cpuFrequency, NULL);
}
MiraTempReport Mira Temperature Reports PS4 Payload via Notifications.jpg

Comments

So at what temp should I start to worry and maybe turn off my PS4? And what should the setting be at? Cuz I’ve always noticed that temp control but always left it alone. I rarely ever play for more than an hour but still would be good to know.

Interesting feature. But obviously only applicable for one game (and XMB) per session. As soon as a second title is started, the effect is cancelled and can only be activated properly after a reboot.

If you like, you can copy the ApplicationCache.db of my menu via PS4-Xplorer or FTP to the browser cache /user/system/webkit/webbrowser/appcache/ApplicationCache.db (Important: the other two files (ApplicationCache.db-shm and ApplicationCache.db-wal) must be deleted there. This menu contains 3 HEN versions and also the TempReport Payload. The menu is accessed via the user manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back