Category PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM       6,556       6            
PlayStation 3 developer Andreas Oman updated Movian PS3 Media Center to version 5.0 today, which features a new user interface that works better with touch devices!

Download: movian-gh-5.0.pkg / movian-5.0.pkg / movian-5.0.self

To quote from the official blog via PS4 News: Movian 5.0

Finally I've decided to put the 5.0 release out. Downloads are available here.

This release comes with a new user interface which works better with touch devices as Movian is now also available in Google Play store, get it here.

Highlights from this version, in no particular order:
  • New "flat" user interface
  • Official Mac OS X builds (with built-in updater)
  • Official Android builds (with built-in updater)
  • Improved screen saver
  • Better video decoding support on Raspberry Pi
  • Raspberry Pi 3 supported
  • Show current time in top-right corner
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding on Android
Have fun!
/Andreas
Movian.jpg

Comments

PLAYER 1

Contributor
Thanks, i know that, im a day one user of showtime, and always testing the pre-releases. Tested this, found some interesting options on menu, but for the common user, 4.10 is enough.

Ps3 is limited (and aged) about codecs and formats, so nothing new on that side. Anyway despite the ugly flat b&w menu (obviously for mobiles) is a good work as always.

The GOOD THING ive found is i can turn off the R2-L2 search now, finally!!

DrPhuz

Contributor
Verified
Update the Navi-X Plugin and fix that ever loving pain "the memhole", and I could possibly use this again. Anytime Movian since, 4.09 has used its own cell specific codecs its been pretty crappy.
But this is good news because its forward progress and Movian and still chirping along after what? 4-5 Years now?

Recent Articles
Action-RPG Oninaki Joins New PlayStation 4 Games Next Week
Next week Tokyo RPG Factory's latest action-RPG Oninaki hits PlayStation 4 on August 22nd casting you as a Watcher, tasked with helping usher the souls of the departed into their next life. šŸ—¼...
Electric Purple, Red Camouflage, Titanium Blue & Rose Gold DS4 Controllers!
Earlier this year we saw an Alpine Green DualShock 4 PS4 Controller, and now Sony announced their latest batch of DualShock 4 PS4 Controllers will include Electric Purple, Red Camouflage, Titanium...
Iconit: PS4 Tool to Change PlayStation 4 Game Icons by OfficialAhmed
Following his PS4HEN Trophy Calculator release, developer OfficialAhmed shared Iconit v1.00 on Twitter today, which allows jailbroken console owners with PS4 HEN to change PlayStation 4 game icons...
PC Building Simulator for PlayStation 4 Arrives, PS4 Launch Trailer
While it can't compare to Origin PC's Big O, today The Irregular Corporation officially launched their PC Building Simulator for PS4 consoles providing users an inexpensive way to repair, test and...