Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 1, 2019 at 9:18 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the holiday we saw a True Crime: Streets of LA PS2 FPKG for PS4, and following his PS4 Mednafen 2-Players Config Mod PlayStation 4 scene developer @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) shared on Twitter a Nintendo 64 (N64) PS2 on PS4 Emulator Port demonstration video with details below proceeded by a Super Mario 64 (SM64) Native Port PS4 PKG. :bananaman14:

Based on the DaedalusX64 Nintendo 64 Emulator Github fork, belek666 also shared a daedalusps2.zip (34.2 MB) Daedalus PS2 binary stating: Put files/folders on root directory of mass, looks for roms in 'Roms' directory.

According to the Tweets from Markus00095 below, N64 PS2 on PS4 works but has issues since the only solution is to use mc0: (8 MB max) for games as mass: (USB) isn't enabled just cdfs: or mc0/mc1.

As a result of his tests he currently has no plans to release a N64 PS2 on PS4 PKG... however, those interested may want to experiment with the Daedalus.elf PS2 binary using the previously released PS2 ELF Loader for PS4 (PS2 Loaders) in the meantime.

Spoiler: Related Tweets

Finally, for those still with a PlayStation 3 console scene developer emu_kidid made available a PS3 PoC (Proof-of-Concept) of a very old mupen64 (wii64) port to PS3 using PSL1GHT v1 with details and some demo videos via KevinT Creations below.

Download: ps364_gln64_basictest.7z (contains ps364_glN64.elf and ps364_glN64.self) / GIT

Found this on my HDD from way back in 2011 when we were messing with porting wii64 (mupen64) to the PS3. It has preliminary hardware rendered graphics (RSX) limited to a handful of games as well as pure interpreter only and bad audio.

I'm not sure what state the release I've attached is in because I compiled it a long time ago, it's messy and it was just considered a "test".

Edit: It seems better than I remember :)

Mariokart 64 on PS3 Alpha Test
N64 emulator for PS3 WORKING!!! Mupen64 wii64 cube64

Spoiler: Additional Tweets

Super Mario 64 on PS3 (Native)
Nintendo 64 (N64) PS2 on PS4 Emulator Port Demo via Markus95.jpg

Comments

@azoreseuropa I dont have 5.05 console and I can't find cheaply 5.05 console on my country. There are hundreds of people like me. Ok?

@lxtr, I doubt about 7.0 but I have heard about unreleased PS4 exploits for Firmware versions below it. Maybe you can find those PS4 with those firmware in your country. I hope you find them. Don't wait. Get it while they are perhaps available in your country. Ok ? :)

it's good to see something. The scene has been a bit dormant lately. Efforts are appreciated. Hopefully one day the PS4 scene will be as good as the PS3 scene.

I'm trying to get the ps2 port of daedalus on ps4 anyone gotten that to work yet?

Sorry i meant the ps2 port on ps3 via ps3s ps2 backwards compatibility. I was wondering if markus did anything special to make it run as an iso?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back