SpecterDev on v4.05 progress, over the weekend some good things are also coming to PS3 users including a tentative PS3 WebKitSploit release window by @esc0rtd3w and also the NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 downgrading by @Zeigren.
Below are some pictures of both the NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition and NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board, and from @xxmcvapourxx in the PSXHAX Shoutbox, to quote: "Now downgrading will be alot easier with NAND and NOR with just USB power no need for PSU."
This is what Zeigren had to say on Reddit about his latest PCB hardware device, to quote: Here it is! The NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition!
Instead of using GitHub wiki I moved everything over to GitHub pages: https://zeigren.github.io/
- READ/WRITE NANDs WITH THE E3 NOR CLIP
- READ/WRITE NORs WITH THE E3 NOR CLIP
- Read/write NANDs with the 360 clip (32 pin)
- Read/write NANDs with the NAND UNI Clip (48 pin)
- Read/write NANDs with the NOR UNI Clip (56 pin)
- Read/write NORs with the NOR UNI Clip (56 pin)
- Can be powered over microUSB with a 2 amp phone charger, no external power supply needed
Which contains more info about both boards, and is where I'll post further stuff I'm working on (I'll post here too) BUT ALSO I made a guide on how to use both boards. It's a work in progress, but it's mostly there.
Even though it's geared towards my boards a bunch of it is useful for anyone downgrading, especially using a Teensy.
They're both TSOP packages so they only differ in length, based on how many pins they have. Thus being able to use a NOR clip on a NAND, there's just 8 extra pins that hang off the end of the NAND when you put the clip on top lol.
Below are some related links alongside PCB pictures for those interested in downgrading their PlayStation 3 consoles, as follows:
- PS3 Downgrading More Info - Additional Resources for Downgrading
- NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board Info - More information about the board itself
- NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition Info - More info about the board