Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter tester99       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering that same thing since I have a 1.76 PS4, I think I am just going to go buy a second one that can be updated to 4.05. I can't bring myself to update this one past 1.76 firmware. Its just soooo lowwwwww. Lol.

I'm still wondering if there is a reason to keep a 1.76 PS4. I'm looking about a 4.55 PS4 PRO, wondering if I have to buy it or not... I need advice, please shed light on !

STAY ON THE 1.76 OR LESS (rare) THEN UPDATE WITH A CFW OF 4.05,4.55 OR LATER WHEN ONE IS MADE FIRST. It is logical to buy extra ps4s since they are cheap if you would want to run current exploits since its most likely cfw wont be made for these higher firmwares without a key of sorts.

The best in my opinion is to go for 4.55. Even the great qwertyuiopz advised to update to 4.55 as it has benefits and staying on 1.76 and 4.05 has only disadvantages. All payloads are working fine on 4.55 but ultimately the final decision is yours to update to 4.55 or stay on 4.05. Good Luck!!!

Hey All,
Been a long time between posts, last time I was on ps3hax but that seems dead and gone? RIP was a great site with very helpful folks!

So I have had my PS4 sitting on 1.76 for many years now untouched since word got out about the web exploit on 1.76 and have been using the X360 which is slowly getting a little long in the tooth and with the recent news of 4.55 webkit I managed to find a PS4 PRO on 4.07. for a decent price

I'm looking for a little guidance on whether it's best to keep both or share the love with someone else and move the PS4 1.76 to someone else so they can to take advantage of the progress on the Ps4 scene.

What would be a reasonable amount to list up the PS4, 500gb 1.76 for sale? OR Should I keep 1.76 and just upgrade the PS4 PRO from 4.07 to 4.55 and start using it?

Appreciate if anyone can offer some suggestions.
Thanks to all the devs and skilled people for making the PS4 exciting again!
PEACE
Kosti

I ended up buying more Ps4s and keeping my 1.76. It's a day one model and I collect game consoles so that was a big reason to keep it. Plus I paid next to nothing for it as it was broken and its now working. Lol.

I ended up buying a second console brand new that was below 4.05 firmware so I updated to 4.05. I have a third system that I bought used that is now on 4.55 firmware and a fourth that's also used running 5.05 firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back