Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter tester99       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
Does the OP want to update title to read 1.76, 4.05, 4.55 or 5.05 because I am in a bit of a conundrum

So I have had my 1gen phat release PS4 sitting on 1.76 for many years now untouched since word got out about the web exploit on 1.76

I managed to find a PS4 PRO on 4.07. for a decent price and moved this to 4.55 and all is good in the world. Now with 5.05 I'm looking for a little guidance on whether it's best stay on 4.55 a little longer or move it up to advantage of the progress on the Ps4 scene and new titles.

Is 5.05 more stable than 4.55, I've not had any issues with 4.55 and admittedly I don't get a chance to use it since its for the kids, but love to hoard titles and build my library :)

As for the PHAT PS4 on 1.76 I am hoping we may see a CFW for this hence why I am still hanging on but for now besides new titles are there any further benefits to 5.05

BTW Thanks to all the devs and skilled people for making the PS4 exciting once again!
PEACE
Kosti

I updated my PS4 from 4.05 to 5.05, it crashes a lot more often when I try to do the Mira jailbreak vs the PS4Hen on 4.05. So unless you want to play newer games, stay on 4.05.

Can anyone comment on if 5.05 is more stable than 4.55 using a ESP8266 for Payloads?

Since this the kids use the PS4Pro console, I hate to have them rebooting all the time due to stability issues, they will drive me crazy if that's the case :eek:

I was thinking in starting a new thread to set up a poll for the FWs, 1.76, 4.05/4.55 and 5.01/5.05, and see who's using what and confirm stability of each, but i can't find the "new thread" button :confused:

I may be forced to move since some nice kids titles are available on 5.0+ as currently my Exploit Console is a Pro 4.55, as I want my original Phat to remain on 1.76

PEACE
Kosti

I'm still on 4.55 - no need to update as many patches, DLC and even new titles are based on software development kit <4.55 (except, GoW) requiring 5.05 firmware, but it can be got round by using HEN with spoof. Moreover, I saw lots of complaints on 5.05 HEN instability, however some peolpe are quite lucky to have no problems with 5.05 :)

Hey Keeperdy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate.
Hence why i wanted to setup a poll thread to see what the stability people are experiencing across these FW's, but seems I am not privileged enough to start / make a thread??

I just don't need the hassle of crashes and reboots since Im not always home when the kids are on the console, so for now I will stay on 4.55 but have not tried any new titles with the spoofing other than NFS
Cheers
Kosti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back