Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 17, 2016 at 5:58 AM       34      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like their previous PS4 OFW update, today Sony released PlayStation 4 System Software / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update which once again 'improves' the quality of the system performance by patching more security holes as confirmed by @flatz on Twitter. :ROFLMAO:

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (JP)

Main features in system software update 4.06
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
:stop: Needless to say, don't update to PlayStation 4 Firmware 4.06 if you wish to run PS4 backup games and homebrew whenever a public PS4 jailbreak exploit / loader is released... and keep an eye on the PSProxy v4.1.0.0 PS4 Update Bypass's update button in case a new working version is pushed.
A BIG thanks to @Nesterwork for tipping us off in the PSXHAX Shoutbox and @bodeg for the Chaitin Tech PS4 exploit patch confirmation news from @flatz! <3
PlayStation 4 System Software  PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update Now Live.jpg

Comments

That would be a nifty twist if they released the full exploit once Sony patched it, but I'm fairly sure the rules of the GeekPwn contest still apply and they can't / won't release it (short of hoping for a leak, perhaps?) :)
Most probably, because GeekPwn is gonna snatch away their title/award if they do leak it.
wtf is wrong with you people? Flatz has the explot! How the hell would he know it got patched.. You obviously don't know Flatz and what he did during ps3 scene.

He alsso told me when I asked if he had it: "Isn't it obvious, no ?"

And in pm he told another user that he knew what they patched. The pic was even posted on shoutbox!
"How the hell would he know it got patched" - How can you be so sure that what he says is true? Did you or he try to jailbreak before 4.06 and it worked but now it does not work? Do you have any way to verify what he says is true?
My ps4 3.50 is literally collecting dust . I'm just waiting for a jailbreak for home brew programs and all sorts. Not really bothered about the games n crap. Just by looking at the ps4 you can see the amount of potential it has once it's fully unlocked! It will be amazing!
You could just stack your PS4 library with some preowned games till anything happens. I have bought enough games (12 games) to keep myself busy for at least the next 3-6 months. Wont run out of patience until then, and no need for me to upgrade my 3.15 to use online features. Happy gaming alone.

if there is one guy who is trusted in this god forsaken scene then it is damn well Flatzz. M8 I followed the ps3 scene from 2010 and know what he did! Don't tell anything else

Most probably, because GeekPwn is gonna snatch away their title/award if they do leak it.
GeekPwn said:
3. The committee restrictedly follows the responsible disclosure to device manufactures. All the details of Pwn technical approaches will be disclosed to the representatives from the according device manufactures privately by committee and contestant. If no representatives from the manufacture is at the scene, all the information will be disclosed to manufactures offline after the contest. The committee and contestant commit not to disclose any details to third-party before manufactures fix the issues.
This is directly from the Restrictions & Notifications section of GeekPwn's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back